AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a Mint condition X8500H. NOTE: the Height 3 R is broken and Height 3 L on the same terminal is bent (SEE PICS)! So this puts Height 3 out of commission but a $100 amp easily fixes this. Therefore, I am selling way below the retail price of $4000 plus tax. Along with 13.1 Atmos, also made sure Height 4 (CH and VOG) are working 100%. Comes with all original packaging.

I have ran Auddessey and can confirm this plays 7.1.6 Atmos (with External Amp) and 7.1.6 Auro on its own without a hitch.

Price is $2499 plus shipping.
PS, I am well known poster in the Master 4K thread and sold bunch of stuff on AVS Forums in the past so rest assured there's no misleading info. here and buy with confidence. Thanks for looking!

Pics:
1. ara.jpg
2. gsdse.jpg
3. 3223.jpg
4. thumbnail (5).jpg

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Have you tested the unit to make sure that it works outside of the damage? Warranty does not transfer, so this information would be helpful to know before considering if this is a good deal or not for those of us who run a 7.x.4 or less. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you tested the unit to make sure that it works outside of the damage? Warranty does not transfer, so this information would be helpful to know before considering if this is a good deal or not for those of us who run a 7.x.4 or less. Thanks.
I have tested the unit and everything works fine except the Height 3 terminals. It also sent ARC and updated to the latest fw all work fine.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Perfect. Sorry for the delayed response. For whatever reason I was not able to reply to your PM. Would you consider $2100 plus shipping? Thank you

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. Still Available FS. Price updated.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still available with updated price. BUMP!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump! Ready to go!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumpy Bump!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump - Denon is no longer doing upgrade program/trade-ins due to inventory issues 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump - Denon is no longer doing upgrade program/trade-ins due to inventory issues 😉
Are you saying firmware updates for this unit are no longer available? Just saw this and am somewhat interested; no idea if I'd even need any upgrades but thought I'd ask for clarification.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you saying firmware updates for this unit are no longer available? Just saw this and am somewhat interested; no idea if I'd even need any upgrades but thought I'd ask for clarification.
Thanks.
Not talking about Firmware updates - Trade-In/Upgrade Program is no longer available by Denon where you could send in your lower model unit and upgrade to a higher model unit with adjust pricing etc.

Feel free to PM me and we can talk :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty electronics handy, but it could be pretty broken inside. But mainly, I don't think I can stretch my budget to get that much funding pass the 'executive board' here. Just started looking seriously so will let you know if that kind of money gets feasible.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty electronics handy, but it could be pretty broken inside. But mainly, I don't think I can stretch my budget to get that much funding pass the 'executive board' here. Just started looking seriously so will let you know if that kind of money gets feasible.
No worries, just let me know. PS, rest of the unit works in flawless condition.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Have you opened the case to examine the board? I am trying to visualize both what happened AND what the damage actually is. Inside pictures would be helpful, it may be possible to solder new connectors to the board.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Have you opened the case to examine the board? I am trying to visualize both what happened AND what the damage actually is. Inside pictures would be helpful, it may be possible to solder new connectors to the board.
Person who buys can go to town on the unit lol. I dont know much about electronics and just want to sell the unit is all so I'd rather not open it and mess it up further :) With that said, I can confirm all other posts including Height 4 all works flawlessly and have my guarantee on those.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Fair enough, but that is an awful lot of money for the great unknown. You haven't said what has happened to the receiver to do this damage. Without opening it up, how do we know there is not other damage, cracked boards - loose contacts - whatever, that hasn't yet messed up other functions, but could? I love used equipment, both buying and selling, but you are seeking over $2k for a piece of damaged equipment. Please consider that most of us are going to want more information.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fair enough, but that is an awful lot of money for the great unknown. You haven't said what has happened to the receiver to do this damage. Without opening it up, how do we know there is not other damage, cracked boards - loose contacts - whatever, that hasn't yet messed up other functions, but could? I love used equipment, both buying and selling, but you are seeking over $2k for a piece of damaged equipment. Please consider that most of us are going to want more information.
Duly noted... if you are really considering pls PM and we can discuss further. As far as the damage, I received it broken from another seller so have no clue what happened to it. Im a well know poster and seller on avs forums and not trying to cheat anyone and if thats not convincing enough for you, I cant help much with that. If I wanted to Id just sell it as a new unit without sharing any info on it like it was sold to me but thats not the type of person I am ;) again if you are really serious about purchasing pls PM me and Ill try answering additional questions the best I can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts