AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
great price for a great sub. if i didn't have my subs already, i'd be all over this. GLWS!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shipping parameters

Just to be clear this sub's shipping weight is 148lb. This is under FedEx and UPS max threshold of 150lbs. This one could be shipped via both carriers FedEx and UPS. Insurance for full value is possible.

Shipping weight is 148lbs
Dimensions (JTR's high-strength cardboard shipping box): H25 x D27 x L34

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Example quote for shipping

Example quote from my ZIP to New York 10001 by FedEx Ground fully insured is reasonable $149.
You are effectively getting JTR Captivator 1400 with $300 discount and 4.7 years of warranty from JTR. JTR shipping costs stated on this forum at $148. So my price is very attractive. Basically, If you missed early bird special from JTR in April for $1599 + shipping this is your chance again.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I just wanted to point out that my Cap 1400 was shipped on a pellet from JTR.

Maybe because of this, the box was not thick and there was no styrofoam padding.

IMO, the box I have would not survive the regular FEDEX or UPS.

Unless JTR has changed how the sub is packaged, I urge you to ship this with freight to save the trouble.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to put this issue to rest, otherwise it keeps turning into U-line forum.
Here is a JTR original packaging with heavy Styrofoam all around the sub, the box certificate is Doublewall with burst rating of 500lbs. The box itself is very heavy 20+ lbs. Please see pictures for foam inserts and sub itself goes into a heavy plastic as well.
Nothing is 100% damage proof but FedEx will be inspecting this High Claim item in person before shipping to validate that packaging meets their insurance standards.

I am open to meet you within 100 miles of ZIP 60048. You are welcome to select the method of shipping of your choice if you prefer freight and/or special delivery, I will work with you to arrange for that. All methods must be insured for full value of $1600.

I just wanted to point out that my Cap 1400 was shipped on a pellet from JTR.

Maybe because of this, the box was not thick and there was no styrofoam padding.

IMO, the box I have would not survive the regular FEDEX or UPS.

Unless JTR has changed how the sub is packaged, I urge you to ship this with freight to save the trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I want to put this issue to rest, otherwise it keeps turning into U-line forum.
Here is a JTR original packaging with heavy Styrofoam all around the sub, the box certificate is Doublewall with burst rating of 500lbs. The box itself is very heavy 20+ lbs. Please see pictures for foam inserts and sub itself goes into a heavy plastic as well.
Nothing is 100% damage proof but FedEx will be inspecting this High Claim item in person before shipping to validate that packaging meets their insurance standards.
Wow. I had no idea that JTR had changed the packaging!!! :eek: Now that I think about it, my Cap 1400 was shipped with a box designed for older models because mine was the first production run.

Your box is way better than what I have. I am sorry if I have cause you any trouble. :eek:

I just wanted to make sure that both you and the buyer will have a smooth transaction. Not everyone has turbojohngt's mad skills. Dealing with FEDEX/UPS about claims is not fun. Even if you have insurance, you still might not get reimbursed, if FEDEX/UPS find the packaging material insufficient for the content. This is what happened to turbojohngt.

Again, I apologize if I have causes you any trouble. :eek: Good luck with your sale. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
can someone just buy this already so i dont continue to have dreams about what it would be like to have this setup behind my couch!!!

Reactions: dvzzz
1 - 20 of 21 Posts