AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up from a member and never used it. I moved down a size and up in gain given my setup. Went to a Stewart 130.

Can ship, it's in a box ready to go. I would suggest u-ship as Fedex freight will run $400-800.

I would like $800 for the screen + actual shipping

Located in Phoenix, AZ.

Lcd projector Video projector Flat panel display Projection screen Entertainment Wood Rectangle Floor Composite material Flooring

·
Registered
JTR 212RT (3), JTR 110HT (4), JTR 110HT slanted(4), Monolith HTP1, Monolith 11x amp
65 Posts
Curious why you never used it?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious why you never used it?
I still might! I am at a 19' throw distance with an NX7 with an A-Lens. I was concerned with HDR content at that level / size with an AT screen at 1.0 gain (effectively 0.9).

I moved to a 1.3 gain (effectively 1.2) at a smaller size to give me more flexibility in the room and increase HDR capability.

Previous owner ran an NX9 at a 19'5" distance with an A-Lens (we have very similar setups) - except his room was a 100% built theater space.

·
Registered
JTR 212RT (3), JTR 110HT (4), JTR 110HT slanted(4), Monolith HTP1, Monolith 11x amp
65 Posts
That sounds similar do what I will be facing because I just moved into a new place a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to lay out my room also. I don't think my room is wide enough to fit that large of a screen though.

I also have an NX7 but don't have an anamorphic lens yet but hopefully one day. Still trying to calculate my seating distance and throw distance and all that stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good. That's what I'm concerned too, i'm looking at a 150" screen with a BenQ but I think Seqmour is the only "high gain" AT screen as far as I seen it. Unfortunately i'll be sitting 7-9 feet away so I am worried about seeing the weaves though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
TThe
Looks good. That's what I'm concerned too, i'm looking at a 150" screen with a BenQ but I think Seqmour is the only "high gain" AT screen as far as I seen it. Unfortunately i'll be sitting 7-9 feet away so I am worried about seeing the weaves though.
The Seymour XD only measures around .8 to .95 on the gain. If you need higher gain, get the Stewart studiotek 130g4. It has a 1.3 gain, but if you get the micro perf option, that drops the gain down to around 1.1 but still much higher than any woven screen.

Plus sitting 7-9 feet away from 150 inch is WAY WAY too close, IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TThe

The Seymour XD only measures around .8 to .95 on the gain. If you need higher gain, get the Stewart studiotek 130g4. It has a 1.3 gain, but if you get the micro perf option, that drops the gain down to around 1.1 but still much higher than any woven screen.

Plus sitting 7-9 feet away from 150 inch is WAY WAY too close, IMO.
Yeah I'm trying to avoid the microperf option. I think Seymour XD or UF are my only options or getting a brighter projector. Honestly I find 140 too small when watching scope content still :/

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m 12 feet from 140 scope and I think I could go to 150-160, but I’ll stick with 140 for now until I upgrade screen size with an NZ projector - if this doesn’t sell I’ll use it with the NZ lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah I'm trying to avoid the microperf option. I think Seymour XD or UF are my only options or getting a brighter projector. Honestly I find 140 too small when watching scope content still :/
Have you considered the Dreamscreen Ultraweave v7? There's lots of good info and opinions on these forums on the Ultraweave. Just giving you another option if you don't want the micro perf.

·
Super Moderator
16,684 Posts
please take conversations to pm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts