AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got screwed by Fios. They told me when i signed up 4 months ago that i was able to the Sunday Ticket through them. I called to signup and they said they must have confused the sunday ticket with NFL network. I only signed up for Fios because of the sunday ticket, now i am in a 2 year contract.

My question is if it is possible to get out of market NFL games and if so what do i need to make it happen? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
If you REALLY want NFL Sunday Ticket - you HAVE to get it from DirectTv. Since you were specifically asking about this -

you can ask them nicely about cutting you loose early -

OR -

you can just stop paying your bill (they will eventually drop you, but I don't know how big a hit you want on your credit report).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3000gt /forum/post/16977374

My question is if it is possible to get out of market NFL games and if so what do i need to make it happen?

DirecTV.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3000gt /forum/post/16977374

I just got screwed by Fios. They told me when i signed up 4 months ago that i was able to the Sunday Ticket through them. I called to signup and they said they must have confused the sunday ticket with NFL network. I only signed up for Fios because of the sunday ticket, now i am in a 2 year contract.

My question is if it is possible to get out of market NFL games and if so what do i need to make it happen? Any help would be great.

Not you screwed yourself for not doing the proper research. You read that Verizon has a NFL Sunday Ticket deal and assumed it meant FiOS. Back in March when the NFL annoucned it extened it exclusive deal with DirecTv it was all over the news so it's not like you shouldn't have known. If you want Sunday Ticket on cable/Dish/FiOS/U-verse then you're stuck until at least the 2015 season. Or you will supposedly be able to get it online by 2012.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do not want to start screaming at the moon again, but it is odd that the

NFL ST exclusive rights deal with DirecTV has not been challenged by some

entity or gosh forbid polititians.

I have not seen a recent analysis of the arrangement, but I believe that D*

has lost money on the contract every year they have had it. The income from

actual NFL ST subscribers has never equaled the yearly cost of the contract.

D* claims that they get enough new subscribers who MAY want it, but never do get it to make the contract worthwhile. Adding subscribers is the gold that impacts the value

of the stock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I left out what made me reply in the first place. I switched from D* to E*

because of multiple issues, but one big one was that I was told E* would

the MLB package for the coming season by a E* rep.

That did not happen and I will cancel E* in February 2010 because of that

bad information or lie. I believe customer reps were told to say that the issue

would be solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts