AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deposit is $200 each up front with a final sale of $440 each - the cost of the UXL-18.

http://www.istonline.ca/mach5_ftw_21.html

Woo hoo, now thats sweet! I've ordered 2 already. Great price. Shipping should be a bit more than the uXL but he's gotten better rates.

I'm not sure how long the pre-order will last but I saw it today and though you al should know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just got paycheck... I could buy a few more of these... but the wife doesnt even tolerate the two I have now... hhm sleeping on the couch and more subs to look at or a happy wife, tough choice

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23193387

How long is the pre-order and when are these supposed to ship?

I'm not sure, I emailed Mark and told him to pop in and answer some questions that I'm sure people will have. I have to admit, I was super sad that I missed out on the last bunch but even though I have no need what so ever for more, I just can't help myself this time! hahaha hummm, 2 x G-horns and 6 x 21's and 6 x 18's?

Don't mind if I do!!!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23193417

I'm not sure, I emailed Mark and told him to pop in and answer some questions that I'm sure people will have. I have to admit, I was super sad that I missed out on the last bunch but even though I have no need what so ever for more, I just can't help myself this time! hahaha hummm, 2 x G-horns and 6 x 21's and 6 x 18's?

Don't mind if I do!!!

I was talking to Mark via email as well and said I was interested in another pair of UXL-18s or possibly the FTW21s.

Don't need them, but I'm getting bored.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iccy  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23193381

Just got paycheck... I could buy a few more of these... but the wife doesnt even tolerate the two I have now... hhm sleeping on the couch and more subs to look at or a happy wife, tough choice

Well heck, if you're on the couch already....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23193637

I was talking to Mark via email as well and said I was interested in another pair of UXL-18s or possibly the FTW21s.

Don't need them, but I'm getting bored.

I hate being bored....

Best,

Mark

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know this isnt the right thread, but what is the max usable frequency range on the UXL vs Phallus? My car needs a new sub
and I prefer sex with the wife more than ol' lefty to be honest. So tempting ARRG, lefty is feeling lonely and I do have hbo!

·
Registered
602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iccy  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23193851

I know this isnt the right thread, but what is the max usable frequency range on the UXL vs Phallus? My car needs a new sub
and I prefer sex with the wife more than ol' lefty to be honest. So tempting ARRG, lefty is feeling lonely and I do have hbo!

The Phallus can play well beyond 200Hz; the UXL not so. Your suspension would like the UXL better tho.

And just give the wife a left and call it a night

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23194239

Also should be noted that when the pre-sale is over, the FTW go back to their regular price.........

What is their regular price?

Can someone post pics of a build using these drivers?

I'm curious how big the box must be. They model similarly in 8 cu ft as 2x LMS 5400 drivers.

I'm just imagining Not's build except instead of 2 lms, a single giant driver!

Also, has anyone attempted a dual opposed build using these? I wonder if you could build a large coffee table using 4 of these drivers in dual opposed configuration.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23194407

i actually think this is a great time for these to come back out. they are a direct competitor for a pair of SI's or Dayton HO's. they need to stay priced near a pair of those two in order to remain competitive IMO.

+1.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23194407

i actually think this is a great time for these to come back out. they are a direct competitor for a pair of SI's or Dayton HO's. they need to stay priced near a pair of those two in order to remain competitive IMO.

Agree about wanting the price to stay lower, but disagree about this being comparable to 2 SI's. Comparisons have been made between 2 SI or 2 Daytons vs the UXL. Some (bosso, specifically) strongly disagree with that. In any case, a 21" woofer with the same Xmax as the UXL will clearly outgun 2 SI/HOs.

·
Premium Member
7,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23195076

Agree about wanting the price to stay lower, but disagree about this being comparable to 2 SI's. Comparisons have been made between 2 SI or 2 Daytons vs the UXL. Some (bosso, specifically) strongly disagree with that. In any case, a 21" woofer with the same Xmax as the UXL will clearly outgun 2 SI/HOs.

I was wondering about that. Can anyone model it? I gotta get Winblows on this iMac......

4 18's plus 2 21's equals..... Damn. I really need to stay off this forum! Damn Pre order sales!!!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23195217

I was wondering about that. Can anyone model it? I gotta get Winblows on this iMac......

4 18's plus 2 21's equals..... Damn. I really need to stay off this forum! Damn Pre order sales!!!!!

I can model them when I get home if no one has done it by then. I also have 2 SIs powered by a EP. Right now, these forums are killing me! Talk of the FTWs, beefier SI offerings...if we aren't careful, we'll be living in our sub boxes.

·
Registered
900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23195076

Using the manufacturer's quoted figures for Sd and Xmax:

- a single SI HT18 has 5.30 liters of Vd for a total of 10.6 liters with 2 drivers

- a single IST FTW-21 has 11.15 liters of Vd

Strictly on Vd, a single FTW-21 does have an additional 5% displacement over a pair of HT18's...not sure if that equals a "clearly outgun" scenario.

There are cases to be made for picking 2 of the 18's over the single 21, but I don't care to delineate those in this thread.
I love this FTW-21 and wish I didn't have so many other drivers on hand as I want to have a pair (or more).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yes, strictly looking at Vd. But per measurements on d-b.com, 2 SIs just beat out the UXL. Again, that is a source of contention in itself, and I see compelling arguments on both sides. I'd imagine that real-world measurements would show a 21" version of the UXL would outdo it. That's only talking about output, of course, and doesn't account for the benefits of multiples, yada yada yada.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnatsch517  /t/1467869/ftw-21-pre-orders#post_23194592

What is their regular price?

Can someone post pics of a build using these drivers?

I'm curious how big the box must be. They model similarly in 8 cu ft as 2x LMS 5400 drivers.

I'm just imagining Not's build except instead of 2 lms, a single giant driver!

Also, has anyone attempted a dual opposed build using these? I wonder if you could build a large coffee table using 4 of these drivers in dual opposed configuration.

i can post some pics when i get home. im using 6 cf and running 1 channel of a FP14 clone to each of the 4 drivers.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.