AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a B&M store in the DFW area that has BOTH new Fujitsu 42" plasmas (HD and ED) on display, preferably side by side?

So far I have tried Tweeter (doesn't carry Fujitsu), Home Theater Store (has the older PDS-4242 but neither of the new models) and Ed Kellum (has the new HD but not the new ED model).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ed Kellum now has the ED model as well. They are not side by side, but they are close enough to compare from about 15' away.

They were both running an HDTV demo loop broadcast over-the-air by Channel 21 UPN (on their digital channel -- I'm not sure what the channel number was.)

The brightness, color and contrast looked fairly close. I did not check the settings of either panel, so it's possible that one could be improved relative to the other.

From a distance, it was hard to distinguish between the two. From closer than about 10', I could start to see some difference in sharpness (the HD model looked sharper) and as I got to about 5' I could start to see a more noticeable difference. From a few feet away I could start to make out the pixels on the ED unit, which made the HD unit materially better.

All in all, to my uneducated eye I would say that the HD unit had a better picture, but not better by anywhere close to 60% (which is the MSRP premium of the HD unit).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.