AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of raves about the fuji 50" on this site... unfortunately, that's a bit out of my price range... my question is... does the 42" have the same superior PQ as the 50"?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Yes and no. Yes, it has the same excellent scaler/deinterlacer/onboard electronics. But no, it uses a homegrown panel instead of a Panasonic panel. As a result you'll get poor black levels. As far as I'm aware, if you can't afford the 50" Fujitsu, then better get the 42" Panasonic.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Most likely you want the HD but... the Fujitsu 42" ED Models also use Panasonic Glass. Same great PQ as the 50" IMO.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The 42" ED Fuji is fantastic.

JCPZero

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Just for the record: I was strictly talking about the HD. The ED might very well be a totally different thing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now i'm confused.... I thought the HD was an upgrade from the ED.... greater resolution... etc.

Are you guys saying the ED PQ is superior.. and that it's strictly becuase of the black levels you get from the Pioneer glass?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Basically for the ED set, once you are past eight or nine feet away from the screen you won't be able to tell any difference in the picture quality. My ED Fujitsu delivers the same great HD picture as the Sony HD set I have. The main reason for my getting the ED set is that in my opinion it delivers a better SD picture than the HD set, less scaling to do. I believe you would be very pleased with the 42" ED Fujitsu.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok... I've been out of the plasma market for a long time... had to reeducate myself on the dif between hd and ed.

I acutally like the fact that with the ed, sb material will look better since we still watch a great deal of that.

I'm still also considering the Pioneer elite (yes, more money but I'd figure it out)... but I guess I'll have to wait for their next generation which is due out any week now.

Man, I am mentally stuck...

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Again, for the price of the 42" Fujitsu ED, in my opinion it is hard to beat. The Pioneer Elite is also a nice set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.