AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I ordered a Fujitsu 42 HD plasma and it was at my installers, Sensous Sounds in Tampa staged with all my other HT stuff. The other day my installer called and said he got an incredible buy on the 42 Loewe HD plasma and I should swap the Fujitsu out. I went over to Sensous and the 42 HD Loewe looked very good despite the specs did not read as good as the Fujitsu. The Loewe on standard TV and DVD looked incedible with the awesome Loewe technology the way it was explained to me. I told my installer, great I will do the swap and pay the $360 differance. After doing this, ya know how the excitment at the HT store can overwhelm you, I am having second thoughts. On all the HT websites I never hear anyone talking about Loewe but find mucho praise for Fujitsu plasma TV's.

What do you all think, seriously?

I will be usung one of these 42 plasma as the bedroom system mostly watching HDTV and lots of standard TV and the ocasional DVD movie.

·
Registered
304 Posts
As has been mentioned before on this forum Loewe is probably making an exit from Plasma TV's. Sharp now holds a controlling stake so naturally Loewe has moved over to the LCD camp.

This probably why these sets are available at fire sale prices.

To be honest I took a look at the Fujitsu 50" at the local Audio Port along with the latest pioneer and panasonic. All were ISF callibrated as audioport is the ISF callibration center in town. The pioneer and panny blew it away.

To be fair it was the P50XHA which is last generation but still the color saturation on the Pioneer was easily First with the panny a little behind.

What the Fujitsu was good at was slow pan motion. For some reason Plasmas have all sorts of trouble dealing with slow pan. This might be a MPEG bitstream problem but some plasma's deal better with it than others.

They were showing HD image of the Sistine chapel fresco's with a slow pan. Almost all the plasma's showed image stutter especially at the color transition.

The Samsung was easily the worst. The entire screen flickered up and down. Fujitsu was clearly the best with a NEC close behind. Followed by the Panny and Pioneer.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dusty I noticed this pan problem with lots of plasma's. The Loewe seems to handle it well though and the Fujitsu was good too. The Loewe and the Fujitsu I am comparing are both 42" HD models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.