AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/0

this plasma masterpiece that is a 20% improvement

Another ambiguous number. 20% improvement of WHAT?

I'm not doubting that the Fuji has a nice pix, but how can you come up with a number like that?

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Ok, that was funny, I'll give you that one!

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Is Fujitsu building the new Runco that everyone is raving about?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope Runco is putting a realta scaler on the 65" panny, I think. Still the Runco scaler does not and cannot control the pulse and purge mechanics of the plasma like the Fujitsu does, and thus cannot match it's ultimate dynamic range.

·
Super Moderator
21,734 Posts
Peter

have you seen the new Runco 46" 1080p LCD? I think it uses a Samsung panel?

I am thinking of the Runco to replace a Sharp LC45

also hope to get the Fujitsu 65 to replace the P63

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cineramax said

" Nope Runco is putting a realta scaler on the 65" panny, I think. Still the Runco scaler does not and cannot control the pulse and purge mechanics of the plasma like the Fujitsu does, and thus cannot match it's ultimate dynamic range. "

So you think the Runco scaler is a " realta scaler ", you don´t know for sure and then you go on to say that the Runco scaler " does not and cannot " perform a particular function.

What is it you know or don´t know?

If you don´t know, why pontificate like you do know? Just don´t comment without knowledge or facts!

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon McGlade /forum/post/0

Cineramax said

" Nope Runco is putting a realta scaler on the 65" panny, I think. Still the Runco scaler does not and cannot control the pulse and purge mechanics of the plasma like the Fujitsu does, and thus cannot match it's ultimate dynamic range. "

So you think the Runco scaler is a " realta scaler ", you don´t know for sure and then you go on to say that the Runco scaler " does not and cannot " perform a particular function.

What is it you know or don´t know?

If you don´t know, why pontificate like you do know? Just don´t comment without knowledge or facts!

Joder Hombre un scaler por muy bueno que sea no puede cambiar una llanta.

Basically a great scaler cannot change a spare tire. By the same token an outboard scaler cannot do pulse and discharge functions of the plasma to which it is connected. No plasma can do what the fujitsu does unless they copy the avm concept. The fujitsu scaler is not necesarily better than the realta, but the end processes the fujitsu scaler combined with the subfield domain pulse, purge and discharge engine functions creams the best stand alone scaler out there.

If there is general missinformation about the Runco scaler is nobody's fault than Runcos representatives. Last I heard there is a vantage scaler under the Runco brand.

So it is prudent to qualify any Runco Statemets with I think.

We all know you are a card carrying Runco adventist, spare us the rah rah rah.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.