AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fujitsu recently made several announcement on their plasmavision line of products. I'm wondering if anyone know the differences between these new models: pds-5003, pds-5004, and p50xha10. Thanks your help.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
p50xha10 == Newest model with DVI/HDCP (this is the one to get)

5004/02 old consumer models.

5003/01 old industrial models.

If you can wait a little, get the p50xha10 with copy protection enabled regardless of what anti-dvi and anti-hdcp people will tell you that the picture on the 5004 is just fine and you do not need more. Obviously you do since Fuji introduced a new model, the p50 only a short time after the 5004.

·
Registered
33,551 Posts
Actually Cheungster, let me correct something MAB said. The 5004 is the CURRENT model, not the old model. The p50xha10 is the model that is coming out. It COULD be the model to get for you IF DVI/HDCP is a big issue for you and IF there isn't a big price disparity between it and the 5004 by the time the unit comes out. We have no idea if there will be any difference in PQ between the new models and the current ones. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Not to flame anyone but, the 5004 is an old model as far as a new buyer is concerned. They now have an option to look forward with the new unit.

Does not make sense to buy the 5004 now if money (the price difference between the 5004 and the p50) is not a concern and you are looking for the latest & up-to-date plasma. Furthermore, I highly doubt that the forthcoming p50 will have an inferior picture compared to 5004.

The sound advice is wait and compare and buy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A sales person at Harvey's in Manhattan told me that the P50XHA10 will be on display tomorrow. I can't get there until early January, but I'd love someone to look and report. I'm eager also to hear about support for native resolution....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.