AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking here for more than a month reading everything I could find on plasma displays, mine arrives on Monday. Based on the reviews and opinions my intent was to go with the 42" SD Panasonic or the 43" Pioneer. However after spending time at various dealers viewing the various units I was absolutley impressed with the quality of the picture on the Fujitsu. While the blacks may not be quite as detailed as the Panasonic, to my eye they were extremely close which I expected given the 3000:1 contrast ratio. Considering it comes with DVI, the fact that it has two component imputs and the 3-year warranty in addition to the very attractive package was worth the extra expense to me. Finally the dealer indicating a $500 off coupon was available for certain purchases and that this one qualified was enough to close the deal.

Thanks to all forum members that provide this valuable information by sharing their experiences with others such as myself. I have much to learn in this area and will continue to read and probably ask a few questions. The first of which...who manufactures the glass for the 42 SD panel? The dealer indicated it was not Panasonic which I believe I read in an earlier post.

Jim

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am just finding out about the new Fuji plasma myself, after locking in on the Panny ED display for several months. I was not able to find any Internet dealers for the Fuji. Would you care to share where you got it? If it is not too much hassle for you, would you also PM me the price you paid? TIA!

·
Registered
813 Posts
What did you pay for it. Its still within forum rules I believe to state how much you paid, just not how much and where. (I could be wrong though). If I am please pm me the price.

-Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine is on its way as well with a scheduled delivery this week. I have noticed several people on this forum have recently purchased this model. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to share info once we get them up and running.

Pete...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Concur on the pricing issues...again, this is an information forum, and people should be able to get the most bang for the buck. It also helps keep the market competitive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased mine at the local GG establishment. I do not think I'm allowed to state the price, but subtract the $500 coupon from retail and you would be very close.

I'll be happy to share my thoughts once it is set up and hope others do as well.

Any suggestions on initial settings?

Jim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Half of the fun here is reading... reading... reading. After months I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 503CMX. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow so I began coughing and sneezing early this afternoon at my office.

I wonder if all of the regular poster realize how valuable their comments and discussions are to us lurkers??!!

My repeated thanks to everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.