AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Gone though at least 6 motorola cards from Comcast in Grand Rapids, MI. Some of the cards had a pink sticker and others blue stickers. Once card is properly paired by Comcast tech. they seem to work fine. Then after awhile the TV screen is all black and a message appears. "Please call your local cable provider to report invalid card." This usually goes away quickly and then I regain pic and it works fine for awhile and then it comes back again and again. Sometimes it doesn't regain pic and the dispaly reads no signal or weak signal and screen just stays black. My Comcast tech contacted Fujitsu and asked them about a firmware upgrade and the Fujitsu service department stated no updates are available and the TV doesn't need to update. The Comcast tech asked why in the plasmavision owners manual does it state CableCARD firmware updates if they don't exist and Fujitsu couldn't provide a straight answer. They suggested it might be a turner problem with the device bulit in the TV that reads the cable card. I doubt it's the cards themselves. Any suggestions would be very helpful and can anyone answer why I can't get a firmware update when they clearly exist according to the owners manual.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts