AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been posts indicating preferences before.

I have not seen any posts about the actual settings that are changed when switching from Static to Fine. It appears to me that there are some contrast and brightness adjustments going on. However, I can't bring myself to believe that Fujitsu would have taken the trouble to modify just those settings since we can modify them to our hearts content anyway.

The Fujitsu manual indicates that the Fine mode is more appropriate when viewing a movie.

Do you guys have any idea what settings are actually being changed when switching between Static and Fine? Is it something other than contrast and brightness and I just think that those two settings are being modified based on what I am seeing?

So far, I think that I prefer static regardless of the content. However, that might just be because I have not figured out what settings are actually being modified and I am not making the correct other changes that I should be making along with the change from Static to Fine.

By the way, Dynamic looks downright unappealing to me regardless of the content with Real 1 and Real 2 not doing much for me either.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
In Fine mode you have more settings you can adjust. Switch to Fine mode then look for Luminance and Black Level under PrecisionSettings.

·
23,031 Posts
In Fine mode you can adjust "black level" and "luminence" besides

the other adjustments that are available in the other modes.

You are doing it correctly - using the settings you prefer.

How about color temp settings? As I said in other thread(s), I use

a slightly modified RGB settings that Ken Ross posted. I'm glad he

did because otherwise I would still be using one of the presets.

I believe he is correct in that the P50 is a little heavy on the red

in its presets.

larry

·
Registered
96 Posts
As we all know, you can adjust your settings using Avia or a similar program, but when you flip from channel to channel or from TV to DVD, some sources will look too red, others too contrasty, etc. What I've done is to take advantage of the 8 memory settings available on the P50. One is set using Avia, another makes corrections for high-contrast sources, one for toning down red, one with softer sharpness settings, etc. I went to the channels I watch the most (a mix of HD and SD) and adjusted the settings for each one, then saved them to different memory slots. Now when I change channels or put on a DVD, I just cycle through the memory settings until I find the one that looks the best. Saves the hassle of adjusting the settings over and over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.