AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone verify for me whether the Tivo/DirecTivo/HDVR2 remote control works with the Fujitsu P50XHA10US plasma, insofar as turning on and off the unit is concerned?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike.

·
Registered
260 Posts
hey Mike,

I set up my Fuji 42VHA20US yesterday with an HDVR2 and spent HOURS trying to get the Tivo remote to control power on the plasma - so far nothing. I asked an identical question this morning on the tivo forum and haven't heard anything yet. It doesn't look good. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem :(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
For what it's worth, the MX-700 (and MX-500) works great with the Sony SAT-T60 and there's usually a variety of other components you need to control more extensively than the limited provision of the SAT-T60 remote. But I believe there was also someone either here or in TiVoCommunity that mentioned that the SAT-T60 remote is a JP1-compatible remote that can be completely reprogrammed using the PC software that's been created to do this, so while out-of-the-box the T60 remote might not do what you want, you can make it do so with a little effort.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer! :( I would probably then have to have our Applied Digital Ocelot controller work with it. The Ocelot unit is pretty neat. I have it set up to detect when a 12 volt signal is coming out of our amp, and it turns on (or off in the absence of the signal) our Faroudja unit . . . . The MX-500 is a non-option for me. I'm under marching orders from the wife to keep the peanut remote.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just curious, have any of you considered using the DPMS setting [Display Power Management Signaling, manual page 36] to turn the unit off* automatically? That way, cutting the signal to the plasma turns it off. Next time you turn the source signal on, the unit powers up. The extra benefit is you can further set DPMS to show all-white screen for a minute or more (up to an hour) every day to stop burn-in from building up.

*actually it's a 3-watt standby mode.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trainerdave
Just curious, have any of you considered using the DPMS setting [Display Power Management Signaling, manual page 36] to turn the unit off* automatically? That way, cutting the signal to the plasma turns it off. Next time you turn the source signal on, the unit powers up. The extra benefit is you can further set DPMS to show all-white screen for a minute or more (up to an hour) every day to stop burn-in from building up.
I hadn't planned on using it because I prefer to keep certain video sources on all the time, which includes my DVI source. All the other inputs go through my A/V receiver so it going off would work fine with that mode.

I might experiment this weekend and turn off the Zenith HD-SAT520 (the DVI source) and see how I like it.

BTW David... never got a reply to you from my PM several weeks ago... did I say something wrong? :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
I hadn't planned on using [DPMS white screen] because I prefer to keep certain video sources on all the time, which includes my DVI source. All the other inputs go through my A/V receiver so it going off would work fine with that mode.

I might experiment this weekend and turn off the Zenith HD-SAT520 (the DVI source) and see how I like it.
- Oh, forgot to mention, DPMS won't work on DVI input (RGB1), just the analog ones. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.