AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All - I am a home automation enthusiast and am currently implementing a combination of the Slink-e, Girder and the awesome MainLobby suite in order to control my home theater. My plan is to have a touch screen in the living room on which MainLobby can be run as the frontend, but I'm trying to keep costs down so unfortunately the beautiful ProGear is currently out of my price range.

I am currently looking at a Fujitsu Point 1600 to function as the touch screen, and would welcome any thoughts you may have on this selection. I have zeroed in on it over other possibilities (specifically the Fujitsu Point 510, Panasonic CF-01 and a few others) for the following reasons:

- You can activate events from the screen using only a finger press (as opposed to a special or generic stylus)

- It will hook into my home Ethernet network to interface with my home theater computer in the basement

- It is not loud (no fan, or so I understand)

- It runs Windows 95 on a Pentium MMX 166 MHz base (the one I'm looking at has 160 mb RAM), which should be sufficient for MainLobby + frills, right?

- It will "go dark" between uses, but can be "woken up" quickly with a finger press

- The screen resolution is 800x600, which should allow a good presentation of MainLobby

So, are my assumptions correct? Is there any other option out there (for under $500) that would better meet my requirements? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.