AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Fujitsu P42VHA20US (have compared it side by side to the new Panasonic 42" ED and found it noticeably superior to the Panny on HD and DVD sources), but am concerned about the following statement in Fujitsu's warranty:

"Recognize that plasma displays normally have a certain amount of pixels that do not function normally, and they are considered to be within manufacturer's specifications"

Huh?? Are they telling me that if my $5K panel develops bad pixels that they consider that acceptable and won't cover it under their warranty?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the same plasma as you and I think this is a CYA statement. For almost all of the top plasmas, I think dead pixels are a dead issue. I've only heard of one pixel dead, tops on any display.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chasin
Huh?? Are they telling me that if my $5K panel develops bad pixels that they consider that acceptable and won't cover it under their warranty?
Yes, that's what they are telling you. And virtually every other plasma manufacturer I am aware of will tell you the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.