AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone play both and decide which is the better of the two games?

I realize we're talking cross system here, but which is the more polished game?

I also realize FA is 1/2 the cost of FA2 right now.....hence the asking.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
All the reviews say that the PS3 version is better. Basically the developers heard the bitching from the 360 gamers...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Here a link, before I get in trouble.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/749/749978p1.html

Quote:
In steps Full Auto 2: Battlelines for the PS3. It strives to improve the original game by addressing every complaint listed in the above paragraph. And to a certain extent, it succeeds admirably. The whole experience runs better on the PS3, though it still slows down when tearing down entire builds. It also chugs a little when plowing through a roadblock of six flaming police cars. Having said that, there's a noticeable decrease of slowdown in the PS3 version.
Quote:
Closing Comments

Full Auto 2 improves on its predecessor in almost every way imaginable. The destructible environments work well and actually change the flow of every race and the battle arenas add variety. What's more, the game runs smoother and looks better than its older sibling. It's still light on story, so those looking for added narrative won't find it. Still, it's a safe bet most players didn't care about story the first time around. They'll care even less now thanks to all the added content.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Id like to say that not all the reviews say the PS3 version is better

Honestly in my opinion they both are subpar games. And the PS3 version, much like the 360 version, has framerate drops to about 15 fps when alot of stuff is happening on screen.

They should not have added a 2 onto the title because the game is almost the same excluding a few new tracks.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Gamespot did not seem to like the game, unlike the other 2 reviews, but they did say that the frame rates where better in the PS3 version.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving...to2/review.html

Quote:
Full Auto 2 runs in 1080p, if you're equipped with a television that can handle it. Even at this high resolution, the game runs at a mostly stable frame rate, but it isn't as smooth as Ridge Racer 7, the other 1080p racing game on the PS3. The game has decent explosions, but the environments are sort of plain, and the game doesn't deliver an especially thrilling sense of speed either. If you're looking for a point of comparison, it does look better and run smoother than its Xbox 360-based predecessor, but the difference never seems huge.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Triz

Id like to say that not all the reviews say the PS3 version is better

I guess I should of said the reviews that I read, as I did not read them all. But the 3 reviews I posted seem to come to the conclusion that the PS3 version is better....

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been playing the 360 version demo over when I need a "light gaming fix".

Nice to see the PS3 version has improved on things...and its running 1080p native, which does fill me with some hope as to what the thing is capable of.

Sub-par games? Sure, but I'm not expecting much more than I get in the demo on the 360 version if I buy it. Might have to pick this up....Resistance is lonely as my only PS3 title.

Thx for the heads up everyone.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
FWIW, I am finding Full Auto 2 really fun online. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for a match to fill up, but otherwise FA2 is great online.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Hmm, I might have to rent it. I didn't think the 360 demo was horrible but it didn't sell me on the game.

That is one thing I hope Sony starts doing, putting out more demo's of games. I love having a large catalog of demo's on my 360 some of which I never need to buy, lol. Well maybe that could be reason to not have demo's.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
And if your a Twisted Metal fan, the PS3 version is a must!
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/749/749978p1.html

Quote:
Fortunately, developers added several things to make Full Auto 2 a better game than its predecessor. The first and biggest change introduces arena-style combat. Good thing, too, since it didn't make any sense to leave it out of the first game. It simply made sense in a game where cars squirt napalm and fire rockets. Combat arenas show up as missions in career mode, but also has its own dedicated mode found in the start menu. And guess what, its damn fine addition. Of the six available combat arenas, most benefit from good design and power-up placements. Players can duke it out near the outskirts of town, at a shipyard and in industrial complex, among others. A few of them stink a little due to bland design and obstacle layout, but overall it's a nice set.

Arena battles make Full Auto 2 play like a next-generation Twisted Metal. As any fan would admit, this translates to a chaotic mess filled with exploding vehicles and charred bodies; a wonderful time, in other words. Players can find a number of power-ups scattered about each stage. They grant all sorts of groovy enhancements like unlimited firepower, ammo and instant repair. Knowing where each item is located can make or break an encounter, so there's definitely some strategy involved. Better still, each arena supports splitscreen and online multiplayer, so there's plenty of chances to cook live players right out of their seats.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sorry, but I hated the PS3 version enough that it got traded. I still have the 360 version. I found that the PS3 version was too disorganized in the way that you had to complete primary and secondary missions to open up weapons. Also, for some reason my finger always seemed to slip off the buttons for brake and accelerate.

In the end, in my opinion, I liked the original on the 360 better.

Now, Resistance is one of my favorite games to play. Will be fun to get a lot of AVS's to play online.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by bgarner

I found that the PS3 version was too disorganized in the way that you had to complete primary and secondary missions to open up weapons. Also, for some reason my finger always seemed to slip off the buttons for brake and accelerate.

There is a different controller configuration that doesn't use the R2 button for acceleration. Having primary and secondary missions adds replay value to the game. As you move through the career mode you don't have to spend endless hours on each level, you can move on once you do the primary missions. Then later on you can go back and try to unlock the other stuff. Some of the secondary missions were pretty easy, so most of the necesary weapons/cars are unlocked as you move through the career. But there still are some difficult secondary missions that add replay value.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/9543629

There is a different controller configuration that doesn't use the R2 button for acceleration. Having primary and secondary missions adds replay value to the game. As you move through the career mode you don't have to spend endless hours on each level, you can move on once you do the primary missions. Then later on you can go back and try to unlock the other stuff. Some of the secondary missions were pretty easy, so most of the necesary weapons/cars are unlocked as you move through the career. But there still are some difficult secondary missions that add replay value.

I know this is now an older game, but I just started getting into it.

I can't figure out why the game won't acknowledge when I complete 2 remaining secondary missions on one particular track. Primaries are complete and one of the secondary missions is complete, but when I go in and complete the 2 secondaries, it won't register. Almost like I have to complete the primaries and the secondaries at the same time.

Anyone remember coming up against something like this?

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.