AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to post this as a huge thanks for all the information I found on this site. I am a long time lurker.... I never did have to post a Q because they were already all answered!

This past year I took the plunge and did a big home reno that included a new basement with a family room with surround sound (11.2), a dedicated media closet with a simple home built rack and a dedicated games room. Extensive soundproofing, lots of pulled LV cabling

I created a dedicated set of web pages outlining my vision, plans, materials, and systems I used. It also has lots of pictures, my plans, and comments.

Take a look, I hope it helps others make the best decisions.
http://sites.google.com/a/webarts.ca/structuredwiring
Once again, Thank AVS forum contributors. I spent hundreds of hours reading, comparing ideas, looking at pictures that made my build come off with very few problems.

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures of the Media closet off the side of the Family/Media Room. They are all detailed at the website above.

During construction - Picture from the back/entry side

Here is the layout:

From the family room:

It is a good size and keeps everything hidden away yet very easy to re-connect. I currently have 3 running computers in there, in addition to all my AV gear. The temperature is starting to get warm even with a 80cfm bathroom fan constantly running.

tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad /forum/post/20899601

Your pictures aren't showing up. I had to copy/paste the link and cut off some redirect wording in order to see them.

Thanks... I edited the post, hopefully the links show up now.

I always have issues linking to pictures on my Google sites

They are all at http://sites.google.com/a/webarts.ca/structuredwiring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.