AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an RCA DTC100, Sony KV40XBR700, and Audio Authority 9A60 VGA to Component video adaptor. When I set the DTC100 for HD monitor mode and view programming through the HD component inputs, I never get full screen with standard 4:3 programming. It's always missing about 3 inches from the top and bottom of the screen. I tried every mode in the DTC100 in monitor setup, etc. I never could get it to display full screen. When I switch over to S video off the DTC100, however, I get full screen in any 4:3 broadcast.

Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this? I'm just wondering if it's the Audio Authority adaptor because when I hook the DTC100 to my computer monitor, it displays full screen. There has to be a solution to this. I hate having to watch only 34 inches of my 40 inch TV. LOL

Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
I own the Sony 65" HD Ready TV and a Toshiba HDTV/DirectTV reciever with component outputs. When I put my Toshiba in 1080i mode my TV set Locks to its full mode. The XBR700 locks to its 16:9 squeeze mode when it gets a 1080i signal and you cannot change it. I do not get balck bars because my set is a 16:9 set. 1080i is 16:9 material so on your 4:3 set you would see balck bars on the top and botom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.