AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·




VC: Asus 3870x2

Driver: 8.12


Screen 1: 22" LCD on HDMI

Screen 2: 40" Bravie LCD on HDMI


OS: Vista 32 home premium


Player: Windows Media Classic

Codecs: cccp


I never had this problem before but now its here, video just wont come out full screen on the second monitor which it used to do this before without any problems!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Set your 2nd display to extended desktop. I think you might be in clone mode and then set the radio button to full screen like kapone said.


BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird999 /forum/post/15463165


Set your 2nd display to extended desktop. I think you might be in clone mode and then set the radio button to full screen like kapone said.


BB

Thanks but I am already in extended desktop setup. Because my temporary solution is to drag my media player window to the second monitor and click it to full screen. It's a bummer thought having to do this all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
im having the same problem. it was playing full screen until yesterday. now it has a 4" black boarder. cant figure out why. and its not just video. when i display my desktop it does the same.

something else strange. it does the same in clone when the picture on my tv should be much smaller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Just reread your first post. VISTA. Is this a new install? I don't use Vista but I seem to remember that Vista can't display in theater mode the same way that XP does. Something to do with the "improved" way that Vista handles (or doesn't) video overlay.


edit here is one link http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=100528

BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikfreakah /forum/post/15467528


Thanks but I am already in extended desktop setup. Because my temporary solution is to drag my media player window to the second monitor and click it to full screen. It's a bummer thought having to do this all the time.

Then just drag and drop a copy of the ICON for your Media Player from the primary display to the secondary display uising the right mouse button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes the only way *I can play is launch the player on the second screen, but it is such a hassle because I choose my videos on the first screen.



You see, I have an hdmi wire running through a room beside my small office, that is where the flat screen is. What I dont understand is I never had this issue before! Its always suppose to just work on the second monitor. Darnit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
I found the following over atthe rage 3d multimedia forum http://www.rage3d.com/BOARD/showthread.php?t=33881112 and thought of your problem. Maybe it is what you need with VISTA. Post back if it works so others will know.


BB

Quote:
Easy way to do it is download Media player classic homecinema (if you cant find it you can get it bundled with the cccp codec pack) do a search to find the executible file and right click property's then compatibility. tick the bottom two options (disable desktop composition & display scaling) and save. Afterwards set it as your default player and open a video file, windows will switch to vista basic and you will get perfect theater mode on your second monitor/tv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
asy way to do it is download Media player classic homecinema (if you cant find it you can get it bundled with the cccp codec pack) do a search to find the executible file and right click property's then compatibility. tick the bottom two options (disable desktop composition & display scaling) and save. Afterwards set it as your default player and open a video file, windows will switch to vista basic and you will get perfect theater mode on your second monitor/tv.

I tried this and it is almost there, my second monitor (sony LCD TV) goes black as if its trying to play something. But still nothings coming out. What if we do the same thing to windows media player or what if we just switch vista back to basic theme?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
were you trying to play wmv files on the second screen. I find I have to turn off WMV acceleration in ccc for it to display on the second screen in my setup...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@elm_sd, nope these were avi files not wmv.


@wlford, well I can do that but then since my second display is on another room, I would like to select the videos on my main room where the PC is at then play them from there. I just operate the second TV via USB IR remote from shuttle, I have a long USB extension cable extending from one room to the next for the remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
I ran into a similar problem with CCC.


My video software would be on the 1st monitor and the full screen video on the second. However, I would have top and bottom borders until I set the software on the 1st monitor to full screen. Only then would the borders be removed and the video played correctly.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top