AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all.

I am not posting this to be all fanboyish or incite anything, just a fun observation. Yesterday me and my better half had a b'day party for our wiener dog (I know...) and one of our neighbors came over and I wanted him to see my music equipment, his kids came upstairs with him and they were all more interested in my PJ settup and then the kids saw my PS3 and honestly, they were both like, "Woah! You have a PS3!!!" and I fired it up and they spent the next HOUR (while we went back downstairs) playing the one demo level of Motorstorm and were blown away. They both thought it was awesome and looked fab. (92" screen with Mits hc3000u PJ) Now they were like 10-12 years old and were very impressed and said it rocked. Later a couple of the adults with their kids (younger though) came upstairs and THEY wound up playing the demo for almost an hour. The kids were pretty bad at the game but were laughing their butts off and so were the adults... We also watched a few downloaded BD demos like Underworld to show the PQ and the adults were blown completely away and all want to watch movies at our apt. now.

Take it for what you will. Just trying to share a fun story. Please no trolls or other system comparsions.

dave

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
When I have people over the Motorstorm demo is always the favorite. Especially for people who have never played it. It is a great demonstration of what is possible with the ps3. Just pure fun, and fun just to watch other people crash too.

I am really dissapointed that there probably won't be splitscreen multiplayer though. I think it could be a potentially system selling feature. They said that they may include it as a future download if there is enough demand but they would have to downgrade visuals. I don't care what it looks like. Four people in the same room on the same screen making each other crash would be so much fun.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally can't wait for Motorstorm. When I told the kids that this was just one level that they were playing and tried to describe the others they were pretty stoked. Guess we'll be having the neighbors popping in more often now!

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty L /forum/post/0

Cool story. My friends are picky about their videogames so we can never agree on what to play.

Last night we did one of those Movie trivia games on DVD, and it ended up being fun as hell.

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but Scotty L, did you by any chance play scene it? And if so, did you play it through your PS3? For some reason, my PS3 has problems with certain functions on my scene it DVD.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant /forum/post/0

Four people in the same room on the same screen making each other crash would be so much fun.

That sounds like a potential remake of the old PS1 game Destruction Derby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.