AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my projector in storage for over 4 years, I decided to let her go. Went to the storage facility to fire it up, no problem there. When checking the tubes I noticed the blue tube had some kind of blob in the glycol, took off the lenses so I know it is in the glycol. Problem is it doesn't look like any type of fungus I've seen photos of...Any ideas what this is? Can it be eliminated through glycol replacement, with some kind of ammonia/clr prior to refilling with glycol?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

Pull the tube out and drain it, with luck this material is loose and can be flushed out , try some water. Some chemicals will eat the plastic C element so be careful that way.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim,

Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Hello

The glycol has reacted with the silicone glue holding the tube in the casting.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
John, check to see if the bellow is sweaty as well. If it is I would replace all the bellows. Sweaty bellows eventually become leaky bellows, and Glycol is highly corrosive to

electronic components.

Athanasios

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey John. I guess you stilll have the 9501LC.

What is it with Eletrohome and there problematic LC chambers. If the glycol isn't leaking out it has fungus growing in it. Your's is a really clean machine other than that.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit:

After I set the geometry to the Vutec I got from you, I was removing the tape I was using to locate center screen and peeled away the aluminum to the substrate. I'm guessing age had gotten to it and the lamination was very weak. That sucked. After attempting numerous repairs, I'm in the finale stages of painting the entire screen. I doupt I'll get anywhere near the gain it had but I hoping it turns out okay. I'm using aluminum paint and top coating it with a matt polyurethane. So far it's looking good. Should be complete by the end of the week.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope everything turns out ok and would like to hear what kind of gain you get when done. Also would be interesting to see if your painting does anything as far as color shift or hotspotting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.