AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
The big boys are called the 8.7 P ( P for POWERED only 3000 watts, we ran out of watts
)

As for pricing that is up to Master Funk. Drop him a line.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker#post_23841167

The big boys are called the 8.7 P ( P for POWERED)

Are all the drivers powered or just the woofers?

·
Registered
471 Posts
In the 8.7 all the drivers are active.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker#post_23842568

In the 8.7 all the drivers are active.

So one 3,000 watts amp (I assume into 4 ohms) powers all the drivers for each speaker?

Is the amp & XO unit outboard or built inside the cabinet?

I don't mind active speakers, but I do mind amps built inside the cabinet (speakers & subs).

·
Registered
471 Posts
800, 800, 2400.

Three channels.

But into their respective loads they put out about 3kw.

Yes you can have the amps outboard.

Reactions: its phillip

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker#post_23842603

800, 800, 2400.

Three channels.

But into their respective loads they put out about 3kw.

Yes you can have theamps outboard.

Nice.

3-way speakers, the tweeter gets 1Ch amp, the midrange gets 1Ch amp, and the woofers get 1Ch amp.

And the amp can be outboard (total of 6Ch amp per pair of speakers). So the XO is built into the cabinet or can it be outboard?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Xover is a DSP engine. Goes by the amplifiers.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The DSP is actually "part" of the amplifier as it runs it. And yes we can for sure do the amplification outboard, adds slightly to the cost however.

AcuDefTechGuy, shoot me an email if your interested in trying out the 6.1.P's.

The 6.1.P's are 2650/pair, the 8.2.P's are 5250/pair, and the 8.7.P's are introductory price until Jan 2014 of 19,875/pair(to be 24,845/pair). For the 8.7.P's we will also be offering an in home setup/tuning for your room and or taste, for a fee.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker#post_23852514

The DSP is actually "part" of the amplifier as it runs it. And yes we can for sure do the amplification outboard, adds slightly to the cost however.

AcuDefTechGuy, shoot me an email if your interested in trying out the 6.1.P's.

The 6.1.P's are 2650/pair, the 8.2.P's are 5250/pair, and the 8.7.P's are introductory price until Jan 2014 of 19,875/pair(to be 24,845/pair). For the 8.7.P's we will also be offering an in home setup/tuning for your room and or taste, for a fee.

Thanks for the offer.

If I try out the 6.1, I will not want to return them.

Only problem is that there's no room.

I am trying to sell 5 pairs of speakers. If they ever sell, then I can get those 6.1s.

I look forward to seeing more details on the 6.1 on your website. What is the sensitivity?

·
Registered
471 Posts

Quote:
What is the sensitivity?

89 dog bones.

For a small speaker that is no easy feat!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sure look like a great product line for Funk Audio. The plannar tweeter with those custom face plates you are using must have done some work to come up with the shape for the tweeter is my guess:). With the 8.2 and 6.1 do they use the same tweeter for those in the Home Theater enivorment? Nice work ....

·
Registered
471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWAC  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker/30#post_23854666

Sure look like a great product line for Funk Audio. The plannar tweeter with those custom face plates you are using must have done some work to come up with the shape for the tweeter is my guess:). With the 8.2 and 6.1 do they use the same tweeter for those in the Home Theater environment? Nice work ....

Thanks for the kind words!

Funk Audio now has a full line up of great sounding, well engineered speakers. WE wanted to make something that would be able to be interesting for different tastes and budgets.

Nathan is the one who designed the faceplate for the planars. The design goal for all of the speakers is to create a very efficient system that has very low distortion. The planars are a big part of that idea.

We wanted our designs to be able to extract the most possible from the elements we chose. Driver spacing is always a designers headache when dealing with optimum center to center spacing. So our decide route was to create custom faceplates that looked good and had solid engineering behind their form and function. I did the rough design work on the face plates for the 8.2 MTM and the 8.7 Full range tower. Nathan fleshed out the nitty gritty.

They allow us to extract the best sound from the drivers we have chosen.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkee  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker/30#post_23855748

Once more:

1- What are the dimensions and weight for 6.1.p speaker?

2- What is the f3 and f10 of the 6.1.p speaker?

They are 16.5" high 10" wide 12" deep. f3 is 47hz, f10 is 40hz. They weigh 23lbs each.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1443046/funk-audios-new-8-2p-floorstanding-speaker/30#post_23852793

The 6.1.P's are 89 db/W

We are working hard to get all the info up on the site for the new products, in the meantime feel free to ask questions.

They look very pretty indeed. I am glad the Funk speakers have nice attractive curves, instead of the boring boxy look.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Holy smokes. That's a good looking speaker.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts