AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the SPIDER MAN DVD and when i got to the chapter where dafoe's character is being turned into the Green goblin, right before that when the chapter starts they have a shot of the OSCORP sign. In that scene in just the section where the sign is, my panny starts showing these waves of lines going from down to up. I havent calibrated it so I was watching it on the "vivid" setting and also havent changed any of the video settings on the dvd player except to progressive scan mode.. I own a Sony DVD Player DVP-NS725P with Monster Component cable M Silver Video? M1000cv Component Video Cable connected directly to the tv for now. Any of you having this crap happen too??? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

PS: i already ordered the DVE dvd.....i'm sure thats going to help

:D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
First, get it out of the Vivid setting that it defaults to. Standard is much better and the settings are closer to what I ended up with after using a calibration disc. I doubt the wavy lines are due to that, but it's an easy first step. Are all your cables on solidly? Are you using the ferrite cores that came with the set as suggested? Maybe the use or disuse of them is something you could check.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferrite cores......i forgot about those things!!! I'll put them on where needed and try agin. Thanks for the info. Keep the suggestions coming! :D :D

Alex :cool:

·
Registered
685 Posts
A ferret core is what's left after eating a ferret :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*sits and waits.......*

:D Thanks franchot!!! I still havent put that ferrite core thing on the power cord yet but will do tonight ...if i remember to!!

Alex

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Alex,

Sorry, but I didn't have any problems with the scene from "Spiderman". I watched it several times and went through several other sections of the DVD to try and find some problems. Nothing.

Try the ferrite cores.

(Are these the dreaded "jaggies" that you are referring to? Might be the deinterlacer in your DVD player, then. Sony ain't the greatest when it comes to DVD players IMO.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.