·
Registered
175 Posts
To much suspense

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/240#post_22083546

Can anyone guess what pair of subwoofers can do this at 14hz, in a 7000+ cubic foot room, 9 feet away. That is 2.8% second order distortion for anyone who does not feel like doing the calculation.

How about multiple choice?

·
Registered
471 Posts
What do I win if I guess correctly?

Awe nuts I'm on the inside, I canna win anything!

Multiple choice eh?

TSAD 18

Faital Pro 18

LMS 18

Choose yer poison.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hi Nathan,

I guess a pair of my 18.3 porbably with the TSAD 18" with upgraded motor structure is able to achieve this.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/240#post_22106651

Hi Nathan,

I guess a pair of my 18.3 porbably with the TSAD 18" with upgraded motor structure is able to achieve this.

So close, I will now say; It is a pair of standard 18.3's, with TSAD18v1, A2.4kw M2 amp, and HSAD18v1 passives.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/240#post_22106861

So close, I will now say; It is a pair of standard 18.3's, with TSAD18v1, A2.4kw M2 amp, and HSAD18v1 passives.

So exactly my subwoofer - but twice of them. I wonder what the TSAD driver with upgraded motor structure can do in the 18.3 design? about your upcoming dual sealed design - is it wise to combine passive radiator subs with sealed ones in the same setup? I guess the different phase shifts (due to rolloff and internal EQ) don't make this combination a good option.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/240#post_22106861

Cool, how much would all that cost? thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/240#post_22107822

Thanks, very impressive. I'm guessing the output would be similar to a JTR Sealed Cap 2?

In some ranges they may be similar. But whenever you are comparing sealed to ported/passive radiator, you have to accept and consider that each will have their advantages. A sealed unit can have usable output(depending on room size and acoustics, and of course the subwoofer. Many sealed subwoofers still have a high pass in the 15-20hz range) below ~13/14 hz where the 18.3 drops like a rock below that, however the 18.3 will have the output of 2-3 equal sealed 18" drivers in the 14~35hz range.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/270#post_22124235

In some ranges they may be similar. But whenever you are comparing sealed to ported/passive radiator, you have to accept and consider that each will have their advantages. A sealed unit can have usable output(depending on room size and acoustics, and of course the subwoofer. Many sealed subwoofers still have a high pass in the 15-20hz range) below ~13/14 hz where the 18.3 drops like a rock below that, however the 18.3 will have the output of 2-3 equal sealed 18" drivers in the 14~35hz range.

So awesome!

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/270#post_22131295

So awesome!

a MONSTER is coming from Nathan >.>

Seriously...

Its small and is similar to the 18.0 in size but performs like 2x 18.3s. =D

Hey Naunce.

I think its a perfect time to to start a....

.....journey to find the "perfect" sub...

Oh, and also, the speakers sound very good

C2K

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs#post_19393703

They are ready.

Hi Nathan,

Will your 2ch 800w each amp (Xpro 2?) be similairly housed in a ALU casing like the amp shown above?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sweet

Thanks Nathan.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hi Nathan!

Did you give my recommendation to let Data-Bass ( http://www.data-bass.com ) evaluate some of your premium offers a thought? I am thinking the 2012 18.3 (I really like mine) and 18.0 would be great choices. Or simply let the TSAD 18" driver on its own go head to head with the others tested by Data-Bass.

In my opinion such an objective test by a neutral, trusted third party would significantly increase the confidence in your products. Before I made my decision (and really up to this very day I often think "what if...") I know I had a very hard time choosing your TSAD driver over well known options like the LMS 5400. I am convinced that real empirical data benchmarked against other premium options would peak the interest in your products.

What do you think?

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/270#post_22341430

Hi Nathan!

Did you give my recommendation to let Data-Bass ( http://www.data-bass.com ) evaluate some of your premium offers a thought? I am thinking the 2012 18.3 (I really like mine) and 18.0 would be great choices. Or simply let the TSAD 18" driver on its own go head to head with the others tested by Data-Bass.

In my opinion such an objective test by a neutral, trusted third party would significantly increase the confidence in your products. Before I made my decision (and really up to this very day I often think "what if...") I know I had a very hard time choosing your TSAD driver over well known options like the LMS 5400. I am convinced that real empirical data benchmarked against other premium options would peak the interest in your products.

What do you think?

Yes we have been looking into this for some time, and are going to push forward with something soon. However it will likely not be the 18.3 or 18.0 that we send in for review, at least not the first thing(s), but we will see.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/270#post_22345962

Yes we have been looking into this for some time, and are going to push forward with something soon. However it will likely not be the 18.3 or 18.0 that we send in for review, at least not the first thing(s), but we will see.

Great! Please make sure to have your TSAD 18" driver reviewed. That would give confidence and a good idea of the performance for all solutions based on it (18.3, 18.0) and will make shipping to Data-Bass so much easier ;-) Thank you!

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion  /t/1283555/funky-waves-audio-official-thread-prebuilt-and-custom-subs/270#post_22346410

Great! Please make sure to have your TSAD 18" driver reviewed. That would give confidence and a good idea of the performance for all solutions based on it (18.3, 18.0) and will make shipping to Data-Bass so much easier ;-) Thank you!

We will see, nothings set in stone yet.

261 - 280 of 766 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.