AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 /forum/post/20733445


So yours is red stained cherry, not paduak like Warp's? (I personally wonder how a "foggy" black (for lack of a better term) would look with that exact shape.)

Mine is indeed Cherry, not Paduak like Warp's. I have all Cherry wood with a dark red stain in my basement, I wanted something that matched.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendsen /forum/post/20733067


That is one beautiful sub
fantastic workmanship Nathan.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sq.

Btw is there any way you would upload a pic with the grill on

My setup and sub with grille pics:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
BTW, no comments on things being out of place, I am not setting it up correctly until I have everything ready. I just ordered a sub cable, the sub will move to the opposite side of the cabinet as I have better response at my listening position over there.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ /forum/post/20743116


Honestly, that sub looks so much better with the grill off.

We may try doing some different shaping on the grills so they blend better with the cabinet, when there is time. For now, yes they look much better with the grill off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ
Honestly, that sub looks so much better with the grill off.


+1

looks fantastic without the grill...


It looks like the grill isn't attached with magnets - are there any reasons for this - just thought it would look nice if magnets were hidden behind the veneer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendsen
+1

looks fantastic without the grill...


It looks like the grill isn't attached with magnets - are there any reasons for this - just thought it would look nice if magnets were hidden behind the veneer.
Costs extra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
I didn't bother with grills. I think the two twelves will look sexy in each cabinet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07
I didn't bother with grills. I think the two twelves will look sexy in each cabinet!
I personally dont like grills on anything, but to each their own, and they do serve as a protection from little fingers etc, when required.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
I dunno...I rather like the bar grill option which I had opted for... but I don't think it would work all that well on those smaller sealed units.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p
I dunno...I rather like the bar grill option which I had opted for... but I don't think it would work all that well on those smaller sealed units.
So far I like this style grill best. And it would look good on almost anything. We may eventually play around with wrapping this style of grill in cloth, might look nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I'm never putting my LMS driver in jail....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/20751632


I'm never putting my LMS driver in jail....

I know you had the magnets installed with your builds...have you come up with some kind of cover design or would that be considered jail too....
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/20751632


I'm never putting my LMS driver in jail....

I can understand that
- but I've never seen a 5400 up front - is it safe for it to be around small children without a grill or...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p /forum/post/20751686


I know you had the magnets installed with your builds...have you come up with some kind of cover design or would that be considered jail too....
.

I had them installed as a just in case - I have a really hard time thinking about covering them up..... they are just too pretty....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendsen /forum/post/20751756


I can understand that
- but I've never seen a 5400 up front - is it safe for it to be around small children without a grill or...

The cones are made of aluminum - I don't think a child would or really could get hurt by them, but they will dent easily when a little kid is WACKING at them with a toy or whatever....


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/20751858


The cones are made of aluminum - I don't think a child would or really could get hurt by them, but they will dent easily when a little kid is WACKING at them with a toy or whatever....



Well... my wife is pregnant, but it's probably a good thing there's still some time before the baby comes, cause I was thinking of protecting the driver...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/20751428


I personally dont like grills on anything, but to each their own, and they do serve as a protection from little fingers etc, when required.

True story.


I can't wait for these subs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
5ms, but you can delay the input as well as output so 10ms total, it also has phase invert, there is also the same EQ and crossover filters on the input as well as the output, so there are 20PEq bands available. The PEQ bands can also be configured as all pass filters.


One very nice feature of the interface is that you can use the mouse to set the EQ's; you select the Q field and it is adjusted by the scroll wheel, you can simultaneously grab the corresponding number on the display for that band with the cursor and drag it around the window to set the frequency and gain.
 
101 - 120 of 766 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top