AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/20788750


Some screen shots of the DSP software used in our new amp. Just to show the functions avaiable.

Why does a relatively small company like funky waves put this stuff in their subwoofers before anyone else does? says a lot about how speaker technology tends to work these days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
These plate amps are very fresh to the market....


Nathan, how easy is the network / software connection...?


Pretty easy to find that unit over the network ?

Alot of products struggle with this... Does the software automatically find the device on the net, or at least make it relatively easy...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
I misspoke on the delay, it is 5ms for the output, and 800ms on the input.


I have not had a chance to really get familar with the Ethernet interface, but the USB connection has been quite easy, and connects well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
The plate amp xlr inputs and outputs will be male, female, or m+f for each type (in/out)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
The input right now is single female, XLR, and RCA, we have the option to have dual XLR (female) inputs (for summing stereo signal), without the RCA.


We can add two outputs, and may do so if there is enough demand for it. The DSP can support two additional channels, with full DSP controls, so you can have it set to do nothing if you just want pass through, but you can do crossover, EQ, delay, and limiter for each output if desired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Thanks Nathan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Thinking about going the TC sounds route and was wonder if anyone here has tried them with the TC sound PR's?


Warp, love your subs. What part of Wisconsin are you from?



Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts
Nathan (FunkyWaves) I have a another plate amp on the way from MiniDSP, it claims 4000Watt peak and it has a DSP (all for $1K)


Im going to put it to the test vs your plate amp. This should be fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 /forum/post/20812331


Thinking about going the TC sounds route and was wonder if anyone here has tried them with the TC sound PR's?


Warp, love your subs. What part of Wisconsin are you from?



Thanks

The LMS5400 + 2 PRs?? Yes, it has been tested and probably built by someone out there in the DIY world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/20812705


Nathan (FunkyWaves) I have a another plate amp on the way from MiniDSP, it claims 4000Watt peak and it has a DSP (all for $1K)


Im going to put it to the test vs your plate amp. This should be fun

That would be our Old amp, without DSP, that has been replaced by our new DSP, more efficient, and more powerful, amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/20812742


That would be our Old amp, without DSP, that has been replaced by our new DSP, more efficient, and more powerful, amp.

yeah, I did read a little bit about the latest amps are they from speaker power still?


Im getting the PWR-DSP1

http://www.minidsp.com/products/plat...r-dsp-products



and I want to get it measured to see if it really does 4000Watt peaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Here are some pics of the unfinished cabinets:


Both cabinets stacked




Front and internal bracing




Rear of cabinet

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Primed and ready for finishing:




Finished, but Nathan isn't happy with it, so he'll be spraying them again. The man has high standards, which is great for his customers:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Here's one of the completed subs:




I think it looks incredible! Yes, I realize the monster LMS 5400 makes my sub look wimpy.



Nathan said he's doing measurements and testing yesterday and today. He'll be shipping them out early next week. I'm too excited right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Here are the frequency sweeps he took from 90db to 105db. Looks really good to me! His room is 7000 cu ft, the subs were 1m from each corner and 4m apart with the mic 11' away. These are the subs only with a 90hz lowpass filter.




Looks like they're +/- 3db from 20hz-80hz in his room.



He also took one sweep with the mic between the subs so they are each 2m apart.




Can't wait to see how much gain I'll get from having them 7' apart in an open apartment less than half the size of his room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
The subs arrived yesterday and man are they gorgeous! I'm still letting them warm up before doing any serious listening, but so far, they sound fantastic. Here are some pictures of the unpacking process that I took with my Blackberry. Please excuse the quality...


The delivery




The EP4000




Subs needing unpacking




Double boxed




Great packing protection












Freedom!






Rears with speakon inputs, which I think are fantastic!




And my humble, temporary setup




I'll write a review as by the end of the week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/20948708


The subs arrived yesterday and man are they gorgeous! I'm still letting them warm up before doing any serious listening, but so far, they sound fantastic. Here are some pictures of the unpacking process that I took with my Blackberry. Please excuse the quality...


The delivery




The EP4000




Subs needing unpacking




Double boxed




Great packing protection












Freedom!






Rears with speakon inputs, which I think are fantastic!




And my humble, temporary setup




I'll write a review as by the end of the week.

Dammit! I REALLY wish I knew about Funky Waves before I bought my sub. Looks great David! Can't wait to see what you think after a little time with them.
 
121 - 140 of 766 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top