AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I really hope more people look into Funky Waves, or Funk Audio, as the name is in the process of changing. Thanks to AVS, I heard of them. As a Canadian, this is really a great company to look into. I was looking at all the I'd companies in the US and decided to have more of my money go into my subs and not into customs and all the other taxes and border charges.

·
Registered
175 Posts
When is the new Funk Audio website ready
?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/20949585

I really hope more people look into Funky Waves, or Funk Audio, as the name is in the process of changing. Thanks to AVS, I heard of them. As a Canadian, this is really a great company to look into. I was looking at all the I'd companies in the US and decided to have more of my money go into my subs and not into customs and all the other taxes and border charges.

Dito!!!!
....BTW...Sweet looking subs.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p
Dito!!!!
....BTW...Sweet looking subs.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11
are these subs $2800 better than hsu or rythmic?
First, I don't know where you got that price from, but that's not what I paid. I don't know how they would compare to subs made by either of the companies you listed, but they're performing very well in my room so far and getting better as I listen to them. I'm getting better performance down low. Still playing with my settings to get things to the best they can be.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow those look nice

·
Registered
140 Posts
by the way the packaging looks much better.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbender /forum/post/20959780

Wow those look nice. By the way the packaging looks much better.

Thanks. The packaging was immaculate! Not a single flaw on the subs.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/0

Thanks. The packaging was immaculate! Not a single flaw on the subs.

Congrats and welcome to the club sir. Nice looking subs ya got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy them for years.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/20964457

Congrats and welcome to the club sir. Nice looking subs ya got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy them for years.

Thanks Warp.
It's a nice group to be part of. I don't see myself ever selling these. I'll keep them for a living room or two channel setup I have once the dedicated HT is built.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77
Is that sub one from the catalog? I don't think you have said what model it is yet have you? Sorry if I missed it.
No, it's a custom design Nathan made for me. It uses two Peerless XLS drivers and is passive.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,881 Posts
I've just entered into discussions with Nathan regarding a custom sub as well, partly due to the many effusive comments in this thread. If things work out I may end up owning one myself.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Hope things work out for you Jim. What kind of sub are you looking at ordering?

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/20978812

Hope things work out for you Jim. What kind of sub are you looking at ordering?

Certainly nothing as elaborate as a few of the others I've seen mentioned in this thread. My needs -- and budget
-- are quite a bit more modest it seems.

It's a variation of a custom sub that Nathan had done previously. My requested configuration would be a 14" cube that will have a front firing 10" driver with a down firing 12" PR . I'm not a big fan of the "piano black" look though, so the finish would have a bit more of a matte look.

We'll see what happens. We've started exchanging emails about it, so things are progressing.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Sounds great Jim. I don't like piano black either, and the finish Nathan did for me is perfect. High quality, minimal sheen black.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/21006085

New website is up, still not totally finished but enough to put up and start getting some feedback,

Very nice indeed. Great idea with the Enclosure Finishes link. Also the new loudspeakers look great.

If I had one constructive idea it would be to consider whether the intropage - where you choose to continue is actually helpful. I can see the nice design - but if you enter the site - you perhaps don't have to choose to do so again.

But again - looks great and also very promising.

·
Registered
643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/20751617

So far I like this style grill best. And it would look good on almost anything. We may eventually play around with wrapping this style of grill in cloth, might look nice.

Just realized that this is the exact sub i bought off you earlier this year. Love this damn thing...

141 - 160 of 766 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.