Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have a strange problem with my Sony-1270QM. At the top of the picture I have 2 lines that flicker around all the time. Have tried to remove them with the blanking, but this doesn't help??? Very odd!

Does anyone have a good expl..

Thx!

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Actually I see this on my 1031Q on my local channel 12. I dont have any blanking adjusted but this is supposed to be adjusted by blanking to loose that first scan line.

I think those flickering lines are picture info for brightness and white balance for the broadcastr signal. As you shouldnt see it with DVD I think. You may do as I have right now with them just on the black frame of my screen in the overscan portion of the image. They were way worse when I fist got my projector as I did "trim" it with initial blacking but apprently I didnt do it enough when I set up perminently. As I said I only see it on one channel and its on my over scan so I dont care as I dont really see it. You shouldnt have a problem using blanking unless your blanking is all used up do to not having the projector set up right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a Nintaus DVD-player with PS as input signal. Problem is that they are there, even with no signal attached!?

I will borrow a dig.camera and take a shot of it. I will put a picture up tomorrow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Please- Take a picture first. Let us see what the problem is before you go the "twist every knob possible" route. If the G2 was too high you would probably be seeing retrace lines instead of just some line dancing around. The fact that it is dancing around says to me either a source problem or a blanking issue. Not saying it cant be the G2, just that I doubt it is...

--Kieth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.