AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Furious 7- the final chapter

Still scratching my head how did they get the dir of Saw to helm a big franchise action flick is beyond me. Will there be limbs splitting contraptions?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I find it a little weird that the trailer doesn't even acknowledge Walker's death. I wonder if the movie will be the same.
That's not weird at all imo.That's not the purpose of a movie trailer imo.
Universal's promotion for the film should not rely on his death. That would be incredibly bad taste.

Did The Dark Knight trailers aknowledge Heath Ledger's death?

OF COURSE it will be different when the end credits start rolling...

@zoey who knows if it's gonna be "the final chapter" or not? The film will make an insane amount of money (just a guess) so unless Vin Diesel (who's a producer if I'm not mistaken) says no, Universal will want to continue.

Reactions: lovinthehd

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Nothing should rely on his death but I find it incredibly bad taste that they don't acknowledge it at all and show him being an action hero when the guy is dead. They don't need to show a big memorial. All they had to do is show a quick shot of him with a voiceover saying "friends we've lost" and then do whatever they want. That way they acknowledge the elephant in the room while still promoting all their whiz-bang car chases.
At 2:25, Vin Diesel's character says "I don't have friends" - cut to Paul Walker and Vin continues off screen "I got family".

I did understand this as more than just a movie line.

Yeah they kind of did. Joker was front and center in all of the promotional material. They didn't literally say "Heath Ledger is dead come see our movie" but it was hard to ignore the issue. He wasn't just edited in to a few shots of an ensemble cast as if nothing happened. And from what I remember the movie itself made no mention of it whatsoever not even in the credits.
They did mention it during the credits. I have it in iTunes so I just checked the exact words: "In memory of our friends HEATH LEADGER & CONWAY WICKLIFFE"

As for the TDK trailers, the Joker was already the main attraction in the teasers, which were released before his passing.

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
Nothing should rely on his death but I find it incredibly bad taste that they don't acknowledge it at all and show him being an action hero when the guy is dead. They don't need to show a big memorial. All they had to do is show a quick shot of him with a voiceover saying "friends we've lost" and then do whatever they want. That way they acknowledge the elephant in the room while still promoting all their whiz-bang car chases.

Yeah they kind of did. Joker was front and center in all of the promotional material. They didn't literally say "Heath Ledger is dead come see our movie" but it was hard to ignore the issue. He wasn't just edited in to a few shots of an ensemble cast as if nothing happened. And from what I remember the movie itself made no mention of it whatsoever not even in the credits.
The man is dead, the actor is whatever was recorded/scripted/contracted for. One thing they said several times before I fastforwarded was how much they're family, so it seems this group of people would be among the last to want to disrespect his memory in any case. They didn't release the commercial right after he passed either, he died almost a year ago. Why would it be an elephant in the room? Not how I would look at it at least....

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you saw the short preview for #7 on the Fast 6 Bluray then you know that he bites it early in the film.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you saw the short preview for #7 on the Fast 6 Bluray then you know that he bites it early in the film.
I don't know what's on the BD since I don't own it but I don't think it was this trailer.

That was Sung Kang, not Tony Jaa. I thought that post credit scene was in the theaters too, but I did not see it there.
The re-edited scene with Statham killing Kang was in the theatrical release. Everyone was talking about it and it was even uploaded on Youtube by someone who recorded it with his smartphone.

^^^ so you guys had never seen Tokyo Drift?
I think they're confused so here's a pic of Jaa in the trailer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oooooh! I love Tony Jaa. Hope his cameo isn't too short.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A full grown man next to me couldn't stop crying. That's all I have to say.

Other than that, great action. Been a fan since the first ones, and I'm glad the series has been aging well throughout the years.

It's a thumbs up for me!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Certainly worth seeing. Whether or not in a premium theater, that is debatable. There is no Dolby Atmos or 3D. The first viewing was in the Prime Theater in AMC Burbank 16. The second was in Glendale Pacific 18 theater. It looked and sounded fine there.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
To me, the whole series is about watching fun and entertaining movies. I really have fun watching these flicks.

Anyone that criticizes the laws of physics is these types of movies is, albeit correct most of the times, not thinking about the big picture. It's all about cars, hot girls, cars, Corona product placement, hot girls, cars, cheesy lines, ugly/beautiful cars, hot girls, Corona, etc.

Oh... and "family" :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts