AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
After researching the Elite 15 DMi Ive decided to buy one. Its replacing a SPR 20i, which is over 5 years old. My question is will there be a noticeable difference?
Also should I plug my Anthem D2v 3D processor into Audio/Video or just Audio in the back panel?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Hi
After researching the Elite 15 DMi Ive decided to buy one. Its replacing a SPR 20i, which is over 5 years old. My question is will there be a noticeable difference?
Also should I plug my Anthem D2v 3D processor into Audio/Video or just Audio in the back panel?

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob,
How do you like the 15 DMi?

I am looking at getting one but read that the meters cannot be disabled, only dimmed. While watching movies in the dark, if the unit were visible, do think it would be annoying?

Stefan

PS - I have an Anthem too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob,
How do you like the 15 DMi?

I am looking at getting one but read that the meters cannot be disabled, only dimmed. While watching movies in the dark, if the unit were visible, do think it would be annoying?

Stefan

PS - I have an Anthem too.
Hi Stefan
I like the 15DMi. What I like about it most is it has a neutral line. If you get a surge it goes to the neutral line and doesn't affect performance of your system.
I cant really tell you is the display is annoying, because on my system the Furman is hidden behind my display. I have to build a shelf in order to see it( This is one of my projects). If you put it to the side of the display and dim it in my opinion it would be like watchable, just like any other component.
Hope this helps,
Rob

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
This helps, thanks. I am having trouble finding any serious discussion on this model.

So when you flip the switch on the back it dims quite a bit, like 50% or less brightness?

The only other issue I have is the captive power cord. My stand is in the corner of the room (away from the screen) and the outlet is behind a DVD cabinet so there isn't room for a normal straight plug. I will have to figure out how to get a flat "low profile" plug on it. With a detachable power cord that would be easier to sort out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This helps, thanks. I am having trouble finding any serious discussion on this model.

So when you flip the switch on the back it dims quite a bit, like 50% or less brightness?

The only other issue I have is the captive power cord. My stand is in the corner of the room (away from the screen) and the outlet is behind a DVD cabinet so there isn't room for a normal straight plug. I will have to figure out how to get a flat "low profile" plug on it. With a detachable power cord that would be easier to sort out.
Hi,
When you flip the switch I would say it dims around 35%.
I talked to Anthem support at the time I was researching. A tech told me surge suppressors are "hit or miss" with the Anthem processors. He then added that he never had a bad experience with Furman.
From personnel experience with the 15 DMi I had 2 surges while watching TV using my Directv Sat. box . The front panel blanked out for less than a second on both the Directv box and power light on the my display (Sharp 844). After that they lit back up without interrupting the audio or video at all.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.