AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

So I've ordered a 52xbr5 and am now looking at upgrading the furniture I use for my TV as well (currently use a coffee table...).

Looking around I've found the style I like at Ikea but I'm worried about weight (rated at 110lb and the TV is 92 not counting mount).

Specifily what I'm looking for is something like this www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20117674 with this mounting panel added on www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90117675 .

I can't seem to find other places that make similar style stands without spending upwards of $2000 on it which is a bit insane IMO.

Anyone have any pointers to where I could find other stands like this? I'm hoping to spend $500 or less.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Go the the "Flat Panel General and FP tech" thread and find the sticky thread at the top, Official Flat panel furniture. Lots of pictures and ideas there.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy /forum/post/14241396

take a look here and see if anything trips your trigger...
http://www.racksandstands.com

I was also going to recommend them. I bought a 60" Verona stand from them that I love - very open style (which I like, plus I had heat concerns) and it was the only stand I could find to fit 6 components without doing a second rack.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Check out Studiotech.com. They are inexpensive, very nicely finished, easy to assemble, extremely well packed, .... and can hold up a building.

I bought one because of price and was stunned on how much better it was than some junk I've seen for double the cost. The one person on Amazon that reviewed it gave a glowing report also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! StudioTech stands looks great however either it is too large and wont fit in the corner (72") or it is too small (48) and leaves an inch on both sides of the set hanging out. It is a shame that they do not have something like 50"-60" for 52" tv sets.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The ps-33 is 62"

·
Registered
295 Posts
purchased a studiotech u22t ultra cherry woood cabinet last year , paid $1099 plus shipping only to have the surface chip exposing a white painted mdf substrate. I am a lumber expert, been in the business 41 years and they said I was wrong when I complained.. A real wood veneer on an mdf substrated is attached with adhesive, glue and not a white primered anything. I sent them pictures and initially thought they had been duped by their asian suppliers. They said it was obvious that it was a wood veneer and I was wrong. The colored surface they are claiming is a hardwood veneer is so thin, it is not measurable by any means. I make furniture and am a building consultant and they thought giving me lip service would be enough.

I am just posting this to expose there misrepresentations and have pictures to back up my claim. I am really, really mad at being sold a painted mdf cabinet, passed of as a piece of furniture, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts