AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Projecting from further back increases screendoor effect, right? I have a choice between moving my projector back behind the viewing area (thus increasing screendoor potential slightly) or moving it up next to the couch (which will be noisy for whoever is sitting on that side). I can't ceiling-mount the projector, so it has to sit on a cart.

Would you move your projector out of guest range and suffer a little more screendoor, or push it forward for better resolution and live with the extra noise?

It's an SVGA projecting over an 11-foot distance.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
GanChan, FYI, your screendoor will be more visible as the image gets larger. If you cannot compensate for moving the projector farther back with the zoom lens to keep the image the same size, your screendoor will be more visible.

Bottom line, if you just barely fill the screen, no matter where the projector is located your screendoor will not change. Zoom to fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The screendoor effect is reduced by moving the distance where you and your guests sit facing the screen. I sit about 1.5 times my screen width and have no issues with screen door while some others on this forum who are more sensitive claim they have to sit more than 2x screen width before it stops bothering them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.