AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many fuses are there on the 1270? I can find at least one next to the main power switch. Are there more?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched it on and then I heard a beep and then it shuts down. It does that repeatedly after that incident :-(

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I understand that a bad or stuck fan will cause that to happen. Check all seven fans to see if they spin free. You may have to dig deep for a few of them. I have not personally got into one but I am working with a member on his that is having the same problem. The member is local but I have not gone out to see the unit yet as he doesent want to pay me for something he can do him self, can you blame him?

Check it out and see what happens, let us know what you find

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fans are in good condition and runs like wind. But I think there is something wrong with my E board. There is a diode that makes the beep sound (D112), I have replaced that and nothing happened. I have tested the E board on some testpionts according to the service manual and I saw that the transistor (G7) is completely dead. It's supposed to have a voltage of 680V on the collector but there is none. I am thinking of replacing that one but I don't know were to find it (2SC3998-CA).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.