AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my modest build thread of 3 Fusion 10's and 2 Volt 6's.

they are replacing BIC America speakers. Everything went together very well and the packaging and shipping was top notch. Special thanks to @Mattcc22 and @biliam1982 for assistance in the final build steps and crossover assembly. had a great time getting everything together Saturday.

As far as sound.. I am extremely pleased. Now granted, they haven't been fully broken in, I didn't even run Audyssey yet and they are on the floor..but just plug and play they sounded amazing. I'm not a REW guy or a charts and graphs kind of guy..that is above my level of knowledge, so I don't have any measurements to show. Just as far as sound, they were amazing...head and shoulders above my previous BIC speakers. They played so loud and clean. No distortion what so ever. Crisp and clear..my wife even commented on how clear they sounded..especially during scenes of glass breaking.

I am very pleased and super happy I made the plunge. Also a super thanks to Erich for putting up with all of my questions. He truly has done an amazing service for the DIY community.

Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
It was a fun day. Wish we had a little more time there at the end, but was nice to at least hear them for a minute or two! We'll have to work out a day to get your stands built soon, but maybe for now you should spread your subs out and use them as stands. We'll have to do a movie night soon!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Work!!

The F10's and the Volt 6's will sound even better once they break in a little. The F10's are great speakers. Glad to see they are available again.
thanks Brian...you answered a few questions for me some months back and i know you were very high on these as well...thanks again for that feedback..

Matt..i think they sounded great in your room as well. and yes we will have to set something up once we get everything dialed in.

Reactions: brian6751

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Awesome,nice set of speakers you have there.

Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Congrats man!
I knew you would catch the bug after putting together those 18s!
Great build, and hope you enjoy them!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats man!
I knew you would catch the bug after putting together those 18s!
Great build, and hope you enjoy them!
thanks man....they are just as good as advertised...I was worried with me not having a trained ear that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference..but I definitely can.

you still busy with your subwoofer collection?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and thats @biliam1982 wearing his hockey jersey during one of Florida's brutal winter days...and by brutal..it was 70 out.

Reactions: biliam1982

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice Chad the speakers look great! Well done
thanks Mike..that means alot coming from you..Ive seen a lot of your work...

Reactions: eng-399

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
thanks man....they are just as good as advertised...I was worried with me not having a trained ear that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference..but I definitely can.

you still busy with your subwoofer collection?
As always haha, so it seems.
It's a slight addiction

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As always haha, so it seems.
It's a slight addiction
with 8 subs you should be good to go..haha

thats my next plan..to add a few more subs and 2 atmos speakers...but im sure that will be in the distant future...i think my HT allowance is cut off for a while.

·
Registered
18,186 Posts
Very nice work. Who's the Blackhawk fan?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks wabo..

and the Blackhawks fan would be @biliam1982

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking good. For HT, these should be a step up from your previous speakers.

I guess the other guy is Matt.
thanks man..its not even close between these and my other speakers..

the other guy was me...the muscular one in the red shirt.

found a picture of @Mattcc22 ...he was assembling the crossovers...he was the brains of the operation..

Attachments

Reactions: Ericglo

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got a couple updated pics..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Very nice Chad the speakers and the stands look great along with those subs! Those fusion 10's all seem to be at the perfect height in the room. I like your room to, having a mini fridge really comes in handy. Congrats on the setup I bet it sounds good in your room.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts