AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that the availability of unecrypted cable HD is rather low and likely to be reduced with time, so does the fusion 3 card offer any other advantages over the fusion 2?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Since no one has one, the only positive (for some) item is that it is half height. The card is supposed to have the latest chipset, so hopefully it will be at the very least more sensitive.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I wonder if their will be a MP mod to add in more memory. I seem to remember some of the accessDTV guys talking about something like this.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hasn't the FCC specified that cable companies are forbidden to scramble the signals from local stations? If you have trouble getting local stations with an antenna (or just don't want to install one), then a Fusion 3 card could at least provide all the broadcast networks over cable (assuming your cable provider reaches an agreement with the stations) which you should continue to be able to record to your hard drive. I can do fine at my current location with a Fusion 1 but a Fusion 3 might be a good idea for the future if I move to another less antenna friendly location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.