AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering building a pair of front towers, and was thinking about the quad 4. What quality of sound can I expect from them? Are we talking "blow the Polk Monitor 70's out of the water", or better than say the JBL ES80's. Or are they just going to be decent speakers until I can afford to build/buy better? Any input is appreciated. I'm considering the Infinity 363 as well...

·
Registered
163 Posts
There are a couple of build threads on the Part's Express Tech Talk forum...Some good info there....keep us posted if you do build.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just finished up an F4Q4 build, and as Dawg says there's a good bit of discussion about them on the PE TT forums.

Haven't auditioned the Polk speakers you've asked about, but can attest that the F4Q4s absolutely crush the LSi7 Polks I've got... there's really no comparison. The F4Q4s are exceptionally articulate, and pound out 'waaay more sound than you'd ever expect from something based on four-inch drivers.

In my 12' x 14' exercise room, a total knockout for movies with subs covering the LFE (I'm running two Anarchy tapped horns), and very capable for music at all levels... example, I was seeing 100 - 102dBA on the Money for Nothing lead-in running just the F4Q4 pair off a modest AVR (Denon 1513) without anything sounded forced.

Would recommend reading the threads on PE, but for me a very definite two thumbs up.

Ed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the input. I'm planning on the build hopefully in the next couple of months as the weather warms and I can spend extended time in the garage without my fingers going numb...
I'll take look at the forums, and update accordingly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Erich was great to work with as always, and Curt Campbell (the designer) was very generous with his time answering questions... tough to beat a combo like that.

I've been enjoying them too much to rip the guts back out, but should have time to get after finishing them this coming week- will post up a quick build report when they're wrapped up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejh2854  /t/1521612/fusion-4-quad-4-what-can-i-expect#post_24488912

Erich was great to work with as always, and Curt Campbell (the designer) was very generous with his time answering questions... tough to beat a combo like that.

I've been enjoying them too much to rip the guts back out, but should have time to get after finishing them this coming week- will post up a quick build report when they're wrapped up.
I'd really be interested in seeing the finished speaker. I'd personally love to work in some maple burl or bird's eye, or even some walnut burr veneer into this build, with some dark walnut accents. Maybe Erich can be convinced to make the fronts out of granite...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts