AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been considering for a long while now to build Fusion-8 Alchemy dual towers and center. At this point, if I do it, I will be getting the entire kit (including flat pack). Before I pull the trigger, I am just curious if anyone could suggest something in the retail space that these speakers equate to at a similar cost? So far in my search I can't find anything in the $300/speaker range. I am just trying to decide if there is a lazy route or not :0)

I am mainly looking to replace my current speakers (see signature). I would like larger drivers, higher sensitivity and an 8ohm load for my AVR. Also I might have broken the center channel by being dumb (not going into it).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have been considering for a long while now to build Fusion-8 Alchemy dual towers and center. At this point, if I do it, I will be getting the entire kit (including flat pack). Before I pull the trigger,

I am just curious if anyone could suggest something in the retail space that these speakers equate to at a similar cost? So far in my search I can't find anything in the $300/speaker range. I am just trying to decide if there is a lazy route or not :0)
Thanks!
The Klipsch RF-62ii is highly regarded, and is on closeout right now at $300 per speaker, normally $500 ea.
http://www.klipsch.com/rf-62-ii-floorstanding-speaker

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does front vs rear porting make a difference to you? How's your room treatment?

Id wager the Alchemy's will be more forgiving than the Klipsch.

via Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been considering for a long while now to build Fusion-8 Alchemy dual towers and center. At this point, if I do it, I will be getting the entire kit (including flat pack). Before I pull the trigger, I am just curious if anyone could suggest something in the retail space that these speakers equate to at a similar cost? So far in my search I can't find anything in the $300/speaker range. I am just trying to decide if there is a lazy route or not :0)

I am mainly looking to replace my current speakers (see signature). I would like larger drivers, higher sensitivity and an 8ohm load for my AVR. Also I might have broken the center channel by being dumb (not going into it).

Thanks!
I don't know where your located, but there's a set just came up over in the audio classified section.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Thanks!
I don't know where your located, but there's a set just came up over in the audio classified section.

Those are mine. Great speakers. Just looking to build more so going to sell these and try something else. They're only a month old.

Also looking to build a 2nd sub. I'm addicted.

I'd wager you're not going to get any retail speaker that's as nice for the money.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Those are mine. Great speakers. Just looking to build more so going to sell these and try something else. They're only a month old.

I'd wager you're not going to get any retail speaker that's as nice for the money.
It's against forum rules for you to link to your own ad Dman, but I'm happy to give you a shout-out.
(no afil)

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...ion-alchemy-dual-8-towers-center-channel.html
Thanks for the link! Appreciate that. Yep, didn't want to link them myself so I appreciate you doing it for me.

They really are great speakers. I'm just wanting to do some more diy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I will look into dman's stuff :0)

·
Registered
417 Posts
For what its worth, I built the Fusion 8 towers a few months back and I absolutely love them. I replaced a pair of Polk Audio RTi10s with the fusion 8's and I am happy I did. Granted they have pretty much zero bass, but the DIY sub I built handles that, and honestly I think the sub blends in much better now with everything since the fronts dont get in the way with there own bass. They are very loud and crystal clear, the details I hear now are amazing. I am running an emotiva XPA5 and I have had my onkyo txnr808 at max volume with no distortion at all that I could hear, it just sounded amazing, and extremely loud.

If you go with them, provided you have a good subwoofer, I think you'll be very pleased!

Oh btw I am running with no center channel currently and I honestly cant even tell. The image is so great the the voices sound so well centered it sounds as if the tv screen is a speaker. Its a interesting illusion lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts