AVS Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2097 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Mcallister,

Both the front and the back rows are in straight chair/loveseat/chair configurations and are 123" wide.

FYI: You can find the specs for the Landmark-1021s here.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
The Jive-1013 has 41.5" high back, and Lagoon-1011 has 42.5" high back.

Both will work just fine for people between 5'8" and 6'2", although we have a gentleman here who is 6'7", and he likes our Jives that he has a lot.

If you want a higher back recliner, you may want to consider our Tribute-1015 recliners with 44.75" high back. They come with all the features of the Jive-1013s plus manually adjustable headrest.
I really liked the looks of the Tribute when I was checking out the site, but I don't think I can afford it.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
No problem here you go!

I love the chairs. My only (very minor) complaint is the foot recline part comes up a little too high for my old knees in full recline mode. Just not quite perfect for my legs. Very minor nit - I rarely recline that far and the Lagoon chairs are very comfy! The leather is wonderful it looks fantastic and is SUPER comfortable.

I also like the velcroes for the cables and bottoms of the chairs in the back. Easy to make for a very clean look in the rear.
This made me really think I like these..

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I really liked the looks of the Tribute when I was checking out the site, but I don't think I can afford it.
Depending on a specific set and cover/color, I believe you may.

Email me for pricing and availability...

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Depending on a specific set and cover/color, I believe you may.

Email me for pricing and availability...
Will do. I wish I could feel the difference between bonded leather and real leather. I have a real leather ottoman and chair, so I know how that "should" feel though we won't be in the theater as much as we are around the house, so I'm not sure we are too concerned with the wear.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The main difference between our top grain leather and bonded leather is not in the feel. While it may feel slightly different, the main difference is in the look.

The top grain leather has slight sheen with more of a smooth surface.

The bonded leather has matte finish with small "crocodile" pattern giving a slightly more contemporary look.

Reactions: b_scott

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Will do. I wish I could feel the difference between bonded leather and real leather. I have a real leather ottoman and chair, so I know how that "should" feel though we won't be in the theater as much as we are around the house, so I'm not sure we are too concerned with the wear.
We have 2 bonded reclining sofas and a recliner for about 4 to 5 years now and they are starting to wear in places. My wife didn't care on them, because she likes to change out living room furniture about every 10 years. Now for me on the theater seats, I want either cloth or real leather or real leather where you touch it most and set like on the chairs Roman sells. The other issue my wife has is she is short and most theater chairs push her head out and makes it uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I am looking to doing a pit sectional for the front row and maybe some Jives for the back row when I am ready to buy.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
We have 2 bonded reclining sofas and a recliner for about 4 to 5 years now and they are starting to wear in places. My wife didn't care on them, because she likes to change out living room furniture about every 10 years. Now for me on the theater seats, I want either cloth or real leather or real leather where you touch it most and set like on the chairs Roman sells. The other issue my wife has is she is short and most theater chairs push her head out and makes it uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I am looking to doing a pit sectional for the front row and maybe some Jives for the back row when I am ready to buy.
Thanks. We will as a family only be on these in the theatre a couple times a week for a couple hours. I feel like I'd be replacing the seats for decor reasons before I'd be replacing for wear reasons, with the amount we will all be in them.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Thanks. We will as a family only be on these in the theatre a couple times a week for a couple hours. I feel like I'd be replacing the seats for decor reasons before I'd be replacing for wear reasons, with the amount we will all be in them.
After the theater is done you may find your self in there more then you think. I use my makeshift one about 3 to 5 days a week at a time and on weekends with this virus thing and cold weather again I am in there for many hours on the ends. I am looking for something that is going to last a long time. The current recliners we have in that room are around 6 and 16 years old. Now I don't think they are bonded leather. They are something else, because they have held up nicely, they just match and take up more room then a row of theater seats.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
After the theater is done you may find your self in there more then you think. I use my makeshift one about 3 to 5 days a week at a time and on weekends with this virus thing and cold weather again I am in there for many hours on the ends. I am looking for something that is going to last a long time. The current recliners we have in that room are around 6 and 16 years old. Now I don't think they are bonded leather. They are something else, because they have held up nicely, they just match and take up more room then a row of theater seats.
I don't disagree with you, but I'm on the very edge of WAF right now, and her current sticking point is "these feel basically the same and one is much cheaper"

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm just posting to add to the chorus of folks that have had excellent service from Roman.

I originally ordered three Lagoon 1011's in the sofa configuration with two arm inserts. After the seats arrived and I set them up, I realized this configuration is sub-optimal with the arm inserts in place. For me there were two issues. The first is that the arm inserts use up some of the width of the seat. With both inserts in place, the middle seat was narrower than I'd like. The other issue is that in the sofa configuration, the middle seat has its switch on the side, and you have to reach between the seats to access it. This is impossible with the arm insert in place.

I got in touch with Roman and told him I wanted to return one of the arm inserts and convert to a love seat + 1 configuration. He hadn't done this before, but got in touch with the factory to quote me a price. It was very reasonable. He was able to ship me direct from the factory in China a pair of bottom brackets and a right arm. It was pretty straight-forward to convert my middle seat from armless to a right-facing seat.

Before the seats arrived:

Sofa configuration:

Love seat plus one:

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I'm just posting to add to the chorus of folks that have had excellent service from Roman.

I originally ordered three Lagoon 1011's in the sofa configuration with two arm inserts. After the seats arrived and I set them up, I realized this configuration is sub-optimal with the arm inserts in place. For me there were two issues. The first is that the arm inserts use up some of the width of the seat. With both inserts in place, the middle seat was narrower than I'd like. The other issue is that in the sofa configuration, the middle seat has its switch on the side, and you have to reach between the seats to access it. This is impossible with the arm insert in place.

I got in touch with Roman and told him I wanted to return one of the arm inserts and convert to a love seat + 1 configuration. He hadn't done this before, but got in touch with the factory to quote me a price. It was very reasonable. He was able to ship me direct from the factory in China a pair of bottom brackets and a right arm. It was pretty straight-forward to convert my middle seat from armless to a right-facing seat.

Before the seats arrived:

Sofa configuration:

Love seat plus one:

Don’t you still have the same issue in the love seat? Can’t reach the recline with the modular arm in place.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I don't disagree with you, but I'm on the very edge of WAF right now, and her current sticking point is "these feel basically the same and one is much cheaper"
Tell here you have to look at it over the long haul. Say you get the real leather and you have them for 20 years and the difference per chair is $100, that's $2.40 a month for the difference. Does she like Starbucks, $2.40 is cheaper then a drink there. That's how I try to put things like that to my wife. Now electronics is a different story, but I am using speakers I have had since 1995 for me LR and surrounds, but I understand how wives can be when it comes to furniture or anything for the theater. I am dealing with my wife and her dad on soundproofing my theater. They don't get that I want to not be able to hear people above me, on the other side of the wall or the HVAC kick on and run. They don't understand that them more quite the room is the less you have to turn up the volume.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Tell here you have to look at it over the long haul. Say you get the real leather and you have them for 20 years and the difference per chair is $100, that's $2.40 a month for the difference. Does she like Starbucks, $2.40 is cheaper then a drink there. That's how I try to put things like that to my wife. Now electronics is a different story, but I am using speakers I have had since 1995 for me LR and surrounds, but I understand how wives can be when it comes to furniture or anything for the theater. I am dealing with my wife and her dad on soundproofing my theater. They don't get that I want to not be able to hear people above me, on the other side of the wall or the HVAC kick on and run. They don't understand that them more quite the room is the less you have to turn up the volume.

Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks :) What did you do to deaden the HVAC sound? Mine will be directly to the left on my seating 3 feet on the other side of the wall. I'm splitting my basement in half.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
For what it is worth, we have all our style group samples on the floor in our warehouse demo room, and some chairs are in top grain leather and some in full bonded leather, so the customers can see/feel both covers. We have them there since 2011 when we have started with our own line of seating. We had 100s and 100s of local customers visiting our demo room and trying the chairs, so the chairs were quite abused in that sense. Nevertheless none of the chairs (whether they are in top grain or full bonded leather) show any signs of wear.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
For what it is worth, we have all our style group samples on the floor in our warehouse demo room, and some chairs are in top grain leather and some in full bonded leather, so the customers can see/feel both covers. We have them there since 2011 when we have started with our own line of seating. We had 100s and 100s of local customers visiting our demo room and trying the chairs, so the chairs were quite abused in that sense. Nevertheless none of the chairs (whether they are in top grain or full bonded leather) show any signs of wear.
I'm surprised your warehouse/demo area is allowed to be open right now. Have you been declared and essential business?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Our warehouse is operational, and at least 1-2 people working there handling order shipments. We ship every day. Our demo room is adjacent to the main storage area. We are taking all safety precautions. If someone desires to come and see/test our chairs they can.

1981 - 2000 of 2097 Posts