AVS Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 2097 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
^^
It is different but as I mentioned before, I do a lot of testing and I didn't want to be constantly stepping up/down 8" to get my measuring equipment placed just right...:)

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
^^
It is different but as I mentioned before, I do a lot of testing and I didn't want to be constantly stepping up/down 8" to get my measuring equipment placed just right...:)
You've actually inspired me. I'm thinking I am leaning toward am island riser with 10" in front like a step and then a walkway in front of that until the front row. As my island won't be touching any walls I actually think this design is much better for my theater.

I like the fact that you can move the seats around a few inches if you want. Gives a bit more flexibility.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I would recommend having some space in front of the chairs. If you do not, it may be very cumbersome to get in and out of the seats.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We are trying to get lots of seats into a theater that is decent sized (18 by 21 ish) but not large. I'm interested in Jive based on positive forum reviews of Roman's seats and the Jive's compact footprint. However, I need to test anything we might buy because my wife has neck and back issues, which make her more particular than most. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area with Jive seats who is willing to offer a test sit? Please shoot me a PM if so. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
We are trying to get lots of seats into a theater that is decent sized (18 by 21 ish) but not large. I'm interested in Jive based on positive forum reviews of Roman's seats and the Jive's compact footprint. However, I need to test anything we might buy because my wife has neck and back issues, which make her more particular than most. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area with Jive seats who is willing to offer a test sit? Please shoot me a PM if so. Thanks.
I'm in Memphis, so a bit far just to test, but as far as it goes; my wife also has back issues, and my sister in law neck issues, and both are able to sit in the Jives quite comfortably. Not to mention I'm ogre sized (6'7" 350lb) and have done some pretty solid marathon sessions in the Jives.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm in Memphis, so a bit far just to test, but as far as it goes; my wife also has back issues, and my sister in law neck issues, and both are able to sit in the Jives quite comfortably. Not to mention I'm ogre sized (6'7" 350lb) and have done some pretty solid marathon sessions in the Jives.
Thanks. I'm optimistic. Nonetheless, I will need to get a "test-sit" for my wife before I can purchase. By the way, I've been emailing with Roman and he's been incredibly helpful. For that reason alone, I hope my wife likes the Jives.

·
Registered
228 Posts
While I've read perhaps here, can't remember, that baby powder will help, I find the chairs I got from Roman to be very noisy when the leather rubs as you recline or come back to upright. I recently sat in 2 different make chairs in an audio/video store and both were completely silent, with no leather rub whatsoever. They were also more comfortable.

I realize that may hurt Roman, who is a great guy and went out of his way to enable me to visit his showroom, etc., and that is not my purpose, it is just to comment on what I have found while owning his chairs for at least 6 months now.

I also bought from Roman the silver tilt tray. It is not worth it, unfortunately. The lip is held on magnetically and will slip off with even the weight of an Ipad pro. The trays when turned will cover the cup holders also.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
No one is hurt here. I welcome any opinions whether they are positive or negative.

But here are my input / comments:

Regarding the noise of the chairs. You can have it on any recliner whether it is $300 cheap made one, or $3-5k per seat very expensive one. Building a furniture is not a precise tooling, and when the cushions are made very full, slow recline can introduce some squeaking. Sometimes the chairs do not squeak at all, sometimes a bit, and sometimes they can create quite a noise. You have visited our warehouse, and I do not know if you noticed or not, but not all the chairs were speaking there...
Anyway, baby powder when it works is only a temporarily solution. The better solution is either ArmorAll spray or paraffin wax. That should eliminate the noise completely.

About comfort - there is no such a product that will be the most comfortable, and everyone would love it. It is too subjective and personal. I bet that out of 10 people who would try the chairs you liked, 5 would agree with you and 5 would not. The number could be different in terms of who would agree or disagree, but I hope you get the point.

The titling tray was not designed for iPad PRO, and we were selling these trays way before iPad PRO was introduced on the market. It holds the iPads, remote controls, books just fine.

My point is that it is always wise not to make any assumptions. Then you would not get disappointed later if your expectations were not met...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'd add one more factor which is that the "noise" is variable over time, and with environmental and other factors. I've had my Jives for about 10 months now and for the most part they were pretty quiet. However, there have been times where they were much louder. Particularly humid days, things like that. I've had similar experience with the leather sofa and loveseat we have. Some days, quiet as a mouse, others sounds like someone doing a recorded interview wearing a vinyl top against a lavalier mic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone on here comment on different in feel/comfort of tribute vs escape? Speaking with Roman, he suggested that the materials are all the same, but difference may come in form of bucket seats on the escape which could be a better fit. Thinking about my car, the bucket seat certainly sounds appealing.

Reading through all the forums, the cup holder malfunctioning has me nervous about the escape (understand tribute has this too, but seems like there are more complaints from the escape --> guessing b/c it is more complicated). I like the idea of an adjustable headrest, but not seeing huge benefit of mechanical vs manual. Also don't see a lot of people too excited about the cooled cup holder. So thinking going tribute, but found a few folks commenting on how "plush" the escape feels which is something I am definitely looking for. Right now debating between HT Hamilton, fusion tribute and fusion escape. The hamilton has the bucket seats, but no adjustable headrest and also the LED lights under the chair i don't care about at all.

thanks for any and all input!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Just to be clear...

Most of the issues with the Escape cup holders were from our earlier shipments, and currently I have zero complains about the cup holders, and basically no issues whatsoever.

The Tribute does not have a cupholder like the Escape-1019 does. Instead is has a stainless steel insert that can easily be removed for cleaning.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hi, Can anyone on here comment on different in feel/comfort of tribute vs escape?
I own both (as well as the Jives) and if I had to sit in only one chair for the rest of my life, it would be the Escape chair. The power headrest is a better option because it allows a finer adjustment with more range vs the manual. If your budget and space allows for the Escape chair, that is the chair to go with...:)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
A few other things to consider comparing our Escape-1019s with other chairs on the market:

1. Our chairs come buttkickers ready (isolators and the BK plate that will accept the advanced bk4-4 buttkickers) are factory preinstalled.
2. Our chairs come with aluminum (quite expensive) trays
3. Only the middle portion of the headrest moves while adjusting it, leaving your ears exposed to the surround sound.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi All,

I used to spend a lot of hours on this site as I was planning my HT build…and ironically, it’s the successes I’ve had because of all the good info here that have kept me away for some time now…
Because everything just works—and works well!

One of those successes is the two-tiers of Fusion seating I bought off Roman back in 2014. It was admittedly a flier to spend that amount of cash and have them shipped all the way to Canada, but everything worked out great.

Recently I had a question about warranty about a small issue with one of the chairs, and I couldn’t find the code I need to submit a claim. I email Roman, not knowing if he’d even answer my question, and within literally a few minutes I have pictures and descriptions of how to tighten the piece myself, along with a copy of any warranty docs I might need from my deal 2.5 years ago!

I’m a big believer in taking businesses to task if they under-perform, but I believe it is equally important to give credit when service goes well above and beyond—and Roman’s responsiveness and care definitely fit into that category.

Very happy customer!

Quill

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just here to sing the praises of Roman, I ordered 4 Jive's back in January? (somewhere around then), and I took him up on his offer to store them in the warehouse until the dedicated room was ready a couple weeks ago.

Jive's arrived yesterday on a pallet, little squished in here and there but after unboxing and putting things together all appears to be well. Gotta admit, I was *really* nervous about ordering these sight unseen, and never sitting in them - but they do look pretty decent in person and they are more comfortable than the la-z-boy manual home theater recliner with tempurpedic foam I have out in the living room (well it is 13-14 years old now...)

I did order the top grain leather version, and I am curious to see how it holds up over time as it is quite thin feeling compared to other (much more expensive) leather furniture I have in the house. I mean 4 chairs for roughly 1/3 the cost of another Texas made brand I was looking at so I guess my expectations have been met.

Anyhow, Roman was great to deal with, fast and responsive to all emails before and after. I don't think I ever talked to him on the phone? There were quite a few emails back and forth which were probably a tad annoying (seating configuration questions due to the wife's input/concerns...), but he stayed on top of the communication and even steered me in the right direction.

-pd

1441 - 1460 of 2097 Posts