AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any additional and/or updated information on this card? I did find some information on the Copperbox website:

Avail Feb 13 2004! Preorder now and get free ground shipping!

For additional info and software, please see our Fusion3 page.

HDTV reception and display

High resolution - crystal clear picture quality

Record HDTV stream on HDD

Provides the best VGA compatibility

High resolution still screen capture

ATSC 18 formats compliant

DVD/MPEG4(DivX) Conversion

Running on Windows ME/ 2000/ XP

Latest CX23881 chip set

No cable connection for Analog TV audio

10bit A/D

Increased buffering for better compatibility

Low profile PCI card for slim PC cases

U-Lead Media Studio7SE DVD bundle for DVD writing

Optional IR controller/receiver (USB port required, not included)

Highly Cost Effective

Full SW solution with minimum HW support

Using Conexant CX23881 and latest 4th Generation VSB tuner

Using Dvico's own HDTV decoder solution

High resolution, crystal clear picture quality

Provides ultimate picture quality experience on PC

Please download demo to check the superb HDTV quality on your own system

Good and crispy picture quality even on LCD and low resolution monitor

Dvico's proprietary HDTV SW decoder features:

Dvico's own dual HDTV software decorders for both non-DxVA and DxVA VGAs

Provides the best VGA compatibility with using the non-DxVA full software decoder

Provides low CPU consumption with the DxVA SW decoder

Dvico's own AC3, AAC Audio decoder

DVHS Support:

Direct capture, playback and recording with DVHS

Direct DVHS transport control

Requires normal 1394 OHCI card

Requires Windows XP or later version for DVHS support

HDTV Recording:

Record the digital TV contents directly on HDD and playback later

No 2G/4G limitation with recording

Cut on the fly cutting stream files directly on APP software

Minimum PC Requirements:

Pentium 3 750MHz CPU (with ATi RADEON series with DxVA VGA, nVidia MX440, FX series)

Pentium 4 1.6GHz with DDR266 or faster memory for non DxVA VGA

Windows ME/ 2000/ XP or later version of Windows

To check your system for HDTV performance please download the test demo from DVICO

FusionHDTV3 Gold is mainly for receiving OTA (Over The Air) free ATSC digital broadcasting channels. ATSC is modulated using a technology called 8VSB. Whereas digital cable in US is broadcast using the modulation technology called QAM. FusionHDTV3 Gold is capable of receiving QAM(64,256) modulated HDTV signal as confirmed in DVICO's lab with test equipment. Beta testers in US market areas with pre-prodcution FusionHDTV3 cards had incompatibilities with QAM broadcasting. Since QAM reception in US market ares has not been substantiated with field testing yet, DVICO is not claiming that the FusioHDTV3 Gold is capable of receiving QAM digital cables.

Additional time is needed to clarify this. QAM reception is uncertain prior to US release. The FusioHDTV3 Gold will be repleased regardless of QAM reception in February 2004.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone has tested this with QAM, and if there are any testers out there, what there impressions of the card are?

Foti

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I don't think the beta testers have gotten theirs yet...

·
Registered
211 Posts
arg... too bad about the QAM uncertainty. I'll probably end up getting it though, simply because it's the only low profile hdtv tuner card out there.

EDIT: I'm sorry about getting a little off topic, but I noticed that in their hardware requirements they list a P4 1.6ghz is needed for "non DxVA VGA." How do I know if my videocard has DxVA? I have a Radeon 7000... thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
This information said that the Fusion III used the latest 4th Generation VSB tuner. Is this different than the tuner in the Fusion II and how much more sensitive is it?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Will we be able to stream across a network like sageTV.

If it can do that will you need another fusion card on the other end?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wondering if this is better than the MIT 120 w/DVI. I'm in the process of collecting hardware to build a HTPC, and the HDTV card has been a challenge. I would like to capture HDTV from my cable provider (COMCAST), but if this isn't possible I need to figure out what would be the best performing card that outputs video over DVI. Titan TV is another issue, because I've read conflicting posts claiming that DVICO is dropping Titan TV support on future cards but it shows support on the Fusion HDTV3's website. As far as motherboards are concearned I've narrowed in on the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe because of the Nforce2 chipset w/Soundstorm for DD 5.1 audio playback in WMP9 HD. From what I'm reading here there seems to be some type of sound over the PCI bus with the Fusion HDTV-3 Gold card. How does this work, or can someone please clarify this for me?

Foti

-additional hardware I'm planning on purchasing for my HTPC, please comment

*ATI 9800 pro 128

*SATA 250MB HD either MAXTOR or Fujitsu

*Athalon 3200 Barton

*1 GB RAM (still doing research on this one)

·
Registered
797 Posts
So what do folks think? Are we happy that DViCo will release the product w/out QAM support? I, for one, would much prefer DViCo focus their efforts on getting QAM support prior to release. I fear that, once (pre-)released w/out QAM, they will be deluged with all the other support requests that have beset them with the I & II and not have good focus on this key feature.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I thought one of the big reasons for this product WAS the QAM support.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is unencrypted QAM 64/256 really our answer to recording COMCAST?

Anyone know if COMCAST in Dallas, TX is doing this?

Are we really waiting for fusion 3 for the right reasons?

What about AccessDTV that can supposedly do QAM?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
AccessDTV only has enough memory on the board to do about 20% of the channels that are unencrypted QAM. THe big problem (for the beta testers anyway) is that very few of the QAM channels theat have been detected are unecrypted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do any of the beta testers have any insight as to what and where they had or didn't have luck in regards to QAM. If the FusionHDTV3 card doesn't work here with QAM, then how do the features of this card compare to others on the market (specifically the MIT 120 w/DVI)? Should we purchase this card even though it might not work with QAM, and are there any other features that this card offers that might be worth looking at?

Foti

·
Registered
211 Posts
jkaiser,

Do you mean to say that even non-premium network broadcast channels are encrypted?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I am not the beta tester, as I do not have Digital Cable. The only thing I remember is that one of the beta testers found one QAM 256 channel that was in the clear. That was from the first run of Fusion IIIs. Later when he got his Fusion III silver, the channel was no longer in the clear.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know if the CX23881 chipset used by the card is compatible with dscaler?

Also, the picture at the DVICO website doesn't show a composite video input. Is composite in provided through some kind of adapter cable?

If this card works with dscaler and has a composite in, I think it will work perfectly in my new SFF box (Soltek EQ-3401) as an all-in-one solution (deinterlacing, regular TV, HDTV).

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey dondon,

I think the newest beta of dscaler supports CX2388x chipsets. I have the asus tv tuner (cx23880) and the beta works with it, except I haven't been able to get audio (although I haven't really tried THAT much).

Can I ask how you're using dscaler? Honestly, I'm not sure what benefit using dscaler by itself has over other TV/PVR software (myHTPC's GotTV, snapstream, etc). But maybe I'm missing something here...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flashbacck
hey dondon,

I think the newest beta of dscaler supports CX2388x chipsets. I have the asus tv tuner (cx23880) and the beta works with it, except I haven't been able to get audio (although I haven't really tried THAT much).

Can I ask how you're using dscaler? Honestly, I'm not sure what benefit using dscaler by itself has over other TV/PVR software (myHTPC's GotTV, snapstream, etc). But maybe I'm missing something here...
I guess I should have done my due diligence before posting. After browsing through the dscaler forums, it appears that beta versions of dscaler do indeed support this chip (although not necessarily with audio, as flashbacck points out).

I'm using dscaler primarily as a de-interlacer for my PS2 and Xbox.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jkaiser,

I am not the beta tester, as I do not have Digital Cable. The only thing I remember is that one of the beta testers found one QAM 256 channel that was in the clear. That was from the first run of Fusion IIIs. Later when he got his Fusion III silver, the channel was no longer in the clear.

The card that being sold here in the US seems to be the Gold series of the Fusion HDTV3. Do you know if they had any success with this card at all, and have any of the testers used it at all here in the US?

Foti

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd be happy if they release the product and provide QAM as a software update. I don't have an HD receiver yet and have been waiting a couple months to buy this card. It's tempting to go ahead and buy a Fusion2, but I know the 3 will be out the next day if I do. Please, hurry up! :)

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.