Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last Sunday I put together my first HTPC. I am running MCE 2005. After a week of fiddling with it finally everything works except two things. I have the Hauppauge 500 MCE and the Fusion HDTV5 Gold Plus. I am running the Asus A8N SLI motherboard and read somewhere that other Asus mobos (not necesserily that one were not compatible with the Hauppauge 500MCE so I removed it from my computer (software would not install but as far as I could tell it was functioning fine I only had AV and composite cables plugged into it to record off of my TIVO). However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my fusion card about 5 different times (and installed a version 3.0.0xxxxxx.4 which a tech support guy e-mailed me a link to at an FTP site.) and nothing. No signal strength in the Fusion software (which I know it has strength because it is split to my TIVO which works perfectly). and in MCE it says I don't have a tuner card installed. Can anyone please offer any suggestions to help me out? Thanks all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMrRed
... MCE it says I don't have a tuner card installed.
While I have only a FII and no MCE, from what I read here you need an analog capture card installed to setup MCE. Then when the F5 is working you can remove the analog card.

As for your other problem, I presume you have your incomming ant./cable line split between TiVo and F5 ? And that in Dvico s/w you have done an autoscan of ALL channels, digital and analog, right ?

Does 3.0.04 fix having to disable the Dvico crossbar filter / device for using the F5 w/MCE ?

You might want to post your input type/ signal path's / cable (company)? / Ant . ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.