AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I've set the record for the longest lurker without a posted message. Its time to break the streak and make use of the collective forum expertise. I have a Fusion II running in a machine with a Radeon 9500Pro. I have two different issues I'm trying to get past. 1) I cant get channel 4 Boston to work in Dxva mode. All the other channels seem to come up fine w/ Dxva even channel 2 which is also 1080i. I get sound but no picture. As soon as I switch to software decode I get a picture. The problem is the 2.53Ghz P4 makes the image a bit choppy for high motion video which will really blow for this Sunday's action and 40 guests. So I'd like to get Dxva working for this channel. 2) Whenever I close the Fusion App then open Dscaler with my xcapture card to view my Directv signal then go back to the Fusion App I get a no signal indication on all channels and I have to reboot to get it back to working. I checked the IRQs and the Fusion has its own dedicated one so I dont see that as an issue. I should mention that I also have a Winfast 2000 which I cant get to work with the fusion at all so it's on the shelf. I've tried version 2.02 and 2.13 of the fusion app and drivers with no luck. I'm currently running on a projector that is only 640x480 native so thats my display rez. I'm switching to a 1024 x768 DLP from work for the weekend to see if the output rez makes any difference, but I don't see why that should matter. If the 9500 can do Dxva to scale channel 2's 1080i it should be able to do the same for channel 4. Any help is greatly appreciated.

--GO PATS!! (Please don't hold that against me if you can help me and live in N.C.)

--Moe

·
Registered
971 Posts
Can't help with problem 1. Problem 2 is a known issue. The only way around it other than rebooting is to go into the device manager and disable/enable the Fusion tuner device.

It's possible that the Winfast may be using a similar tuner chipset to the Fusion, in which case the Fusion drivers might be trying to apply themselves to the Winfast. I had this problem with a PDI capture card.

*edit*

Oh, and your machine should be fast enough to decode the stream without stuttering. The Fusion is well known for its finicky IRQ behavior. I get around this by setting my computer to 'Standard PC' instead of APIC compliant (or whatever it's called).

RG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue here related to problem #2. I have a KWorld BT878 video card that I cannot get to work with Fusion and DScaler - once dscaler runs it knocks out the Fusion. Funny thing is that is was working for awhile before I did a system rebuild but I can't recreate the right combination of drivers for the two cards to get it going again.

Anyway I have resorted to using the s-video input on the Fusion II for sat-TV viewing via Dscaler and the Fusion app for OTA HD. I should point out that even this does not work with Fusion drivers later than 2.02. I can get the Fusion 2.13 (2.12.03) application to work by keeping the 2.02 drivers installed.

Also it seems that if I run Fusion first then dscaler all is fine - however if after a reboot dscaler runs before Fusion then I get severe stuttering on HD and have to reboot (or reload driver) to correct the problem.

I'd also like to hear any better better results or corrections to my approach.

FYI - AMD 2500, ATI 9600, using the Foghorn ATSC card driver in dScaler.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I don't know for sure if this is directly related to Fusion stutters if DScaler is started first. DScaler does not understand dual RF input tuners, therefore it is necessary to run FusionHDTV before DScaler to set the proper RF input. I have made a request on the DScaler forums to include support for dual input tuner cards such as the FusionII, but I haven't heard if any progress is being made in this regard. It sure would be nice if DScaler understood the two RF inputs and built a channel list for each one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.