·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system in a nutshell:

PIII 1 GHz

Radeon 8500 w/ATI HDTV Component Adapter

Fusion II

I really only have two issues with Fusion HDTV that seriously gripe me, one is the DxVA jitter problem, which I have accepted as a (probably) unfixable ATI driver problem.

The other is the constant stutter I always see when watching 1080i. This stutter happens once every second. Sometimes it's not so noticeable, but other times, particularly when watching high contrast computer generated images (like weather maps on the evening news), it is unbearable. It can be seen as a jerkyness during pans, or flashing graphics on a weather map/news crawl.

As I said, it happens once a second, in perfect cadence, just as faithful as the second hand on a watch. This happens when watching at 480p or 1080i resolution. I don't think it's due to low available CPU cycles, since processor usage stays in the range of 70 to 80% during HD decoding.

Anyone else see this? What can be done about it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't get the jitter, but here's my message from yesterday:

Well, I downloaded the Fusion demo software and one sample clip yesterday. Installed the software with no error messages.

Two issues arose:

1. the image quality is fantastic on my 1031Q, but on playback, this clip (jewelry1.tp) stutters slightly. This on my P4 3.0 GHz with 1 gig RAM and Sapphire ATI 9600 (non-pro). MS HD WMV clips play flawlessly, BTW.

2. It destroys my sound output. If I try to play a DVD in WinDVD or ZoomPlayer as usual I get no sound. Re-installing my soundcard drivers fixes the problem. I'm a little unusual in that I use an Echo Mia soundcard with 1/4" TRS jacks with sound going to M-Audio SP-5B active monitors (video editing purposes). If I look at the mixer software when subsequently trying to play a DVD after the Fusion install, I can see the sound outputing to Digital (SPDIF) out , but I can't get the software to route it again to the analog jacks. It's definitely the Fusion Software.

Anybody have this stutter problem? Or sound problem?

I'm disappointed, because it looks great!

Dan

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*bump*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.