AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Fusion Jive seats for a new home theater and am interested in hearing from anyone who owns them.

·
RETIRED theater builder
33,832 Posts
So for that reason you aren't going to read what 77 people said about the Jives? It got started by someone talking about Jives but if you start reading you will see it became the de facto Fusion thread. Roman (RSH) the CEO of Rtheaters and source of Fusion seating reads that thread all the time and will answer your questions

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So for that reason you aren't going to read what 77 people said about the Jives? It got started by someone talking about Jives but if you start reading you will see it became the de facto Fusion thread. Roman (RSH) the CEO of Rtheaters and source of Fusion seating reads that thread all the time and will answer your questions
Jeff,

I went through that thread and finding the comments regarding the Jives was laborious, since they didn't come up isolated in my search. I had to read through the whole thread. Pretty hard to get the useful Jive info that way.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Since my room is width limited, I'm considering the Jive collection with the love seat and two additional seats on either side. That gives me 4 seats with only 109" total width.

If I go with the love seat I will definitely want the removable center arm rest. My question is, does the removable armrest make the love seat cushions too narrow and uncomfortable? If so I would rather go with 4 individual seats.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
As long as we're here...

I bought Jives due to my room width (and low knee wall/sloping ceiling), plus I needed the lower profile for the second row seats to not have obstructed view. Coming up on 2 1/2 years with them and still pretty darn happy. I will say, their size makes them a little less friendly to ogre sized guys like me (6'7" and 350lbs). That said, I'm used to not having recliners that actually fit my legs, so this part doesn't bother me at all. I've noticed a slight bit of wear in the springs and recliner mechanism in my primary chair, but again at my size this isn't a huge surprise. Overall comfort is great. We've done some near all day marathons in the theater and I've never felt uncomfortable in them.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Moebius,

I am really glad you still like the chairs.

jdlynch,

While removable armrest does covers about 2.5" of the seating area, you would still have close to 19"-20" on the seat left, and this is quite sufficient for most people.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am considering Fusion Jive seats for a new home theater and am interested in hearing from anyone who owns them.
They are awesome. I used Jives for 5 years and just recently sold them to another forum member when I sold my home. They were in the same condition as the day I bought them. For those of you asking about the loveseat configuration, it was great. After a few years I bought the removable console to split up the loveseat and that too was great quality. Can’t say enough good things about the Jives.

I am in the process of planning a new room and if we go with theater seating I’ll be purchasing from Roman again. Good chance they’ll be Fusion Jives. :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
My question is, does the removable armrest make the love seat cushions too narrow and uncomfortable? If so I would rather go with 4 individual seats.
Not at all. I never noticed that the seat seemed smaller. That console is awesome. Great quality - especially like the outlets and USBs for charging devices.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
My question is, does the removable armrest make the love seat cushions too narrow and uncomfortable? If so I would rather go with 4 individual seats.
Just realized I didn't speak to the loveseat with the armrest insert. The long answer depends on size. As I noted, I'm full on ogre sized, so yes, for me it makes the seat noticeably narrow and my fat self tends to push it towards the other seat. However, usually the only time we use the insert is when we've got company over for a movie night, and in those cases the wife and I sit in the theater style seats in the second row and let the guests have the front row. And if she and I are alone and cuddling up for a flick, the armrest is on the floor in the corner. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts