AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fiddling with VirtualVCR; mainly because of it's automatic A/V sync feature. However I can't get audio. I have the Fusion hooked up to the Aux internal connector on my SB Audigy2. I have a feeling that the Fusion dosn't send audio unless it has been requested; which makes perfect sense. The problem is that I don't belive most programs make that request. DScaler dosn't get any audio either.

I use my computer for all sorts of things so it just about always has stuff going on in the background set to low priority but when recording DVD resolution from the Fusion application the A/V sync is slightly off right from the start and only drifts more and more, becomming rather annoying by the end of the 1 hour show.

I'm using a Dual Xeon 2.8GHz system and have a dedicated A/V drive for recording and playback; I don't playback while recording. I tried that once and the A/V sync of the recorded file was horrid. I didn't think AV sync would be a problem with so much muscle for the record process which is one of the main reasons I went for the Fusion instead of the WinTV PVR250. I wanted HDTV and Analog record, but only if Analog record wasn't going to suffer, which it unfortunatly is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi I use myHTPC with the GotTV plugin and I routinely record from DISH hooked to S video in Fusion 2. It works like a charm. Some are also recording HDTV this way, I have not had success with that, but I know it can be done too, no Fusion software need be used.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The Fusion II lacks what Hauppauge calls an "Aux" Driver. It used to be called an audio driver.

Anyway, most applications need a driver like that and they don't want to fiddle around intitializing something.

To see what I mean if you have a Fusion II card, start AMCAP and see that you can preview okay, but if you want to capture with audio, then you go into Audio Capture Filter and tick the Enable box.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get video but I'm still not getting any audio out of the Fusion's tuner with anything other than the Fusion app.

Checking off the "enable" in the audio options of any of the apps seem to just turn on the sound card's input. They all use the same basic driver interface so I'm not sure what setting I'm missing.

Has anybody gotten this to work?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found out that if I stop the video display and then start a recording in the Fusion app I don't get any audio.

I think the Fusion card was a mistake :(

I'm trying the trials for other commercial apps now:

Intervideo WinDVR - audio and video come through fine but it can't change the channel.

CyberLink PowerVCRII - crashed upon opening

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick: What program are you using now to do your analog recording with the Fusion?

I've looked at all of the menus in Virtual VCR and ticked/unticked all of the options that I could find and still didn't get any audio.

It is set to use the TV Tuner Audio and TV Tuner Video as the source and capture it with the SB Audigy's "Analogue Mix", which includes the interal "Aux" connector that the card is plugged into.

Another note; I don't get audio in DScaler either even if I tell it to interface with the card directly as a BT card. All of the audio buttons don't do a thing to give me any sound.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I think I have everything under control. Well, not quite like I would like it to be but it will function. I changed the encoding in the Fusion app to MPEG1 maxium bitrate (4000) and resolution (640x480) and even though it is using the same amount of CPU as before it dosn't seem to loose AV sync as it records.

I also have installed and fiddled with FFDSHOW. The different scaling options didn't really have any effect on the picture quality of the recording but the de-noise really helps things out. Although it dosn't seem to affect the live TV viewing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.