AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Fusion 5 Gold card and, while it works well with SD and software HD, it locks up everytime when I try to view HD using DxVA.

When I switch to an HD channel, with DxVA enabled, I see a moving picture for one second along with audio. But after one second, the picture freezes, followed soon after by the audio quitting as well. All the windows and buttons freeze on the desktop when this happens. And if I keep clicking with my mouse, the mouse cursor freezes and the PC speaker makes a beep. I am then forced to reboot the computer.

I have e-mailed DVICO multiple times but they just keep telling me to change PCI slots. I have moved the card to all of the PCI slots on the motherboard with no success. Right now, the card is sitting all by itself in a PCI slot without any other cards. The system still locks up with DxVA.

I've tried installing all the different versions of the Fusion software, including the latest .06 with no success.

Prior to the Fusion5, I had a Fusion3 installed with no problems at all.

My video card is a 9600pro with the latest Cat 5.8 drivers. My cpu is an A64 2800+, I have 1024MB RAM, a Gigabyte motherboard with a ULi 1689 chipset.

I would use the software mode, but it is very choppy on my system, even on normal mode.

Anyone else have a similar experience??? Right now, I only use my card for SD which is very frustrating considering the fact that I purchased the card for High Definition!! :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
did you try this- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=511835

did you try older cats? I prefer 4.12's as do many others.

Something is probably wrong since you still have choppyness with software decoders and your system should be plenty powerful.

Here's something else to try- go to device manager and disable either/both Fusion BDA Tuner and BDA Receiver- you should be able to disable at least one of them without restarting- then wait a few seconds and enable them back. Open the Fusion app and if the choppyness is gone using the software decoders or DXVA decoders work then you likely have IRQ problems. PCI cards aren't the only things that share IRQ's, you can also have USB devices that do so.

And lastly- you should post this in one of the Fusion threads to get more help.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.