Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by multimd
It's on the http://www.dvico.com/hdtv/productdownload.asp

Major changes are sub channel and virtual channel support.
Multimd,

I installed the 1.12 software. Now that I have subchannels, how do I switch between them? I see, for instance, "4-1", but how do I change to "4-2", "4-3", etc?

Also, I no longer have an SPDIF option for sound. What happened?

One other thing... I got some kind of audio exception that crashed the software. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it occurred when I hit the play button after having stopped the stream with the stop button. I will try to reproduce it to get you more information.

Thanks for the software!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Upgrading to v1.12 has so far been more than successful in my case. Not only can I now successfully access sub-channels (via the up and down arrows beside the channel display), but the previous corrective action of disabling my wireless network card is no longer necessary. I have only watched a few hours with the new version but initial results are good.

One issue remains - reserved recordings set to recur weekly are not triggering a recording after the initial occurrence. Is this because the scheduler only schedules them against the specific date instead of the requested day of the week? I've sent a request for support to [email protected] but haven't received a response yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Multimd, are you there? Was this link created for support on the 1.12 drivers?

Anyways, I can now switch between subchannels (thanks audio). Also, I have not run into the software crash again, so hopefully that will stay away. I still can't get the option for SPDIF to come up either (any word on this multimd?).

For some reason, I cannot view 720p material. My computer resolution is set to 1776x1000. Shouldn't this card be able to allow 720p content to be displayed on a 1080i resolution? I hear the sound for the content, but see no picture.

Quote:
Originally posted by timfick
Multimd,

I installed the 1.12 software. Now that I have subchannels, how do I switch between them? I see, for instance, "4-1", but how do I change to "4-2", "4-3", etc?

Also, I no longer have an SPDIF option for sound. What happened?

One other thing... I got some kind of audio exception that crashed the software. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it occurred when I hit the play button after having stopped the stream with the stop button. I will try to reproduce it to get you more information.

Thanks for the software!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
I still can't get the option for SPDIF to come up either (any word on this multimd?).

For some reason, I cannot view 720p material. My computer resolution is set to 1776x1000. Shouldn't this card be able to allow 720p content to be displayed on a 1080i resolution? I hear the sound for the content, but see no picture.
SPDIF :

We changed the query mechanisim on this version of the software. There were several cased that the sound cards reported that they could handle SPDIF while actually they could not. It seems your sound card are reporting it do not have SPDIF function while actually it has it.

What sound card and driver version do you use?

We will try to duplicate the problem if we have the same one.

720p :

Can you upload 10sec audio only stream to the ftp server so that we can check?

ftp://211.191.190.243:5678 (it’s anonymous ftp and 5678 is the port number)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, multimd!

My soundcard is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz ( http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/prod...roducthome.asp )sound card. It has a digital output called the "VersaJack" that I feed into my receiver/amplifier, which decodes Dolby Digital and DTS. The PowerDVD software successfully passes through DD5.1 and DTS to my receiver, so I know I have it set up correctly. Here's an explanation of the Versajack from the Turtle Beach documentation:

"When the VersaJack output is set to digital mode, playing a DVD encoded with Digital Dolby AC-3 multi-channel audio automatically sends the digital AC-3 signal to the VersaJack ring conductor. This signal should be connected to an amplifier, receiver or speaker system with a digital input and AC-3 decoder so the AC-3 decoder in the amplifier will convert it into 5.1 surround sound."

As for the 720p issue, I will upload the stream to your FTP site.

Thanks!

Quote:
SPDIF :

We changed the query mechanisim on this version of the software. There were several cased that the sound cards reported that they could handle SPDIF while actually they could not. It seems your sound card are reporting it do not have SPDIF function while actually it has it.

What sound card and driver version do you use?

We will try to duplicate the problem if we have the same one.

720p :

Can you upload 10sec audio only stream to the ftp server so that we can check?

ftp://211.191.190.243:5678 (it’s anonymous ftp and 5678 is the port number)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
As for the 720p issue, I will upload the stream to your FTP site.

Thanks!
I tried uploading the clip, but I keep getting a "Error opening data socket" error. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
timfick,

I see 0 byte file and I deleted it. Will you try again.

Please use ftp program like wsftp. It's more stable than using the browser.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
timfick,

I see 0 byte file and I deleted it. Will you try again.

Please use ftp program like wsftp. It's more stable than using the browser.
I'm using CuteFTP, so that should work. I'll try again.

Will the sound card I'm using work with the Fusion for SPDIF? It works with other programs like PowerDVD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.