AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and asked in other threads....but never a definitive answer....

Does the FusionHDTV 3 Gold ATSC/QAM card's Svideo-in port work with Dscaler 4.x or 5.x? The Fusion card has a CX23881 chip on board so it could work with the latest 4.x dscaler code.

I don't care about the fusion tuner and dscaler. I just want to know if dscaler can find and use the svideo input on the fusion card.

anyone know? Also can anyone compare the quality and noisefree-ness of the svideo in to the flyvideo or xcapture video capture cards?

I am slot constrained in my HTPC. I would like to put the fusion in my ssytem and toss my xcapture card. But I don't want to give up dscaler.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Dscaler works fine with Fusion II svideo in. I don't know why F III wouldn't.

Hammer

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by hammerdwn
Dscaler works fine with Fusion II svideo in. I don't know why F III wouldn't.

Hammer
thanks for your feedback. However fusion II use the Bt878 chipset. Fusion III uses the newer CX23881 chipset for video capture. Both are technically recognizeable by dscaler. But I would like to hear from someone who has tried it with the fusion III.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It works fine with my Fusion III gold-T using dscaler 4.

Edit: By "works fine," I mean that I tried it out briefly and I had no problem getting the svideo input recognized. I just got the card last week and have been spending a disturbingly high fraction of my non sleep, non work time watching baseball. Go Sox!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The last time I tried this, dScaler worked fine, but the DVIco software wouldn't work until i rebooted the computer. It would run, but I'd just have a blank screen.

- Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.