AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using Windows XP with all updates, and a Radeon 9500 with the latest drivers. The error message occurs after the channel scan. It is: "access violation at address 083E194B in module 'dvico_deinterlace.ax'. Read of address 0000004C." Then the configuring hardware graphic stays on indefinitely. I have tried two different software versions. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
dvico_deinterlace.ax is their DirectShow deinterlacing filter.

I am wondering if you had a different BT-878A based tuner card in this installation which also used a deinterlacing filter?

Have you (re)installed DirectX lately? It breaks fairly often, so that doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other tuner cards and this is a fresh Windows install (same day as I installed FusionHDTV). I installed DirectX 9B. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
But I found DirectX to be very finicky. I had to uninstall and reinstall the fusion software after I did the directX 9b upgrade. That DirectX also broke my sound drivers until reinstalled after the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
When I had these troubles it was due to another piece of software interfering with the app.

I tried making a new, clean Windows installation and, before I did anything else, I updated all the drivers, updated Windows, updated DirectX, then installed the card. The card worked fine, so I looked at my original installation to see what softwre could be interfering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. I will re-install Windows and go one step at a time with the FusionHDTV card being the first install. I really hope it works. I was looking forward to watching HDTV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out that the conflicting program was Netmeeting. It was running on startup in desktop sharing mode. The FusionHDTV software worked with Netmeeting shutdown. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
--Thanks for your input.--

And thank you for "sticking it out" until you determined what the real problem was.

Many people here like to blame the device rather than their installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.